Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Topics Not Marked as Read in New Content

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Holydoc

Holydoc

Legend

• Registered
  • 231 posts
  • LocationPanhandle, FL

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:12 AM

For a while, I could click the "New Content" option and just get a list of the topics I have not read.  Love this option and it works flawlessly.  However when I read a topic after selecting "New Content", the topic use to disappear from the list of "New Content".  Now the topic actually stays present on the list until I press the "New Content" option again.  Did I change a setting somewhere?  I really liked the option of reading a topic after pressing "New Content" and then having that topic be removed from the list of new topics after exiting the read topic.

In other words, I use to be able to press "New Content" and it would list Topic A, B, and C.  If I then clicked on Topic B to read it.  Exit Topic B.  The list would now show only Topic A and Topic C.  This no longer works.  Now if I want this list to change, I have to read Topic B.  Exit Topic B.  AND then press "New Content" option to make the list show only Topic A and Topic C.  I really did not want to do this extra step.

So what did I accidently set to make this happen?  I want it back to the original method where I did not have to re-press the "New Content" option.

Thanks for bearing with my silly request.  :righton:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,265 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:23 AM

Are you saying it worked that way in the new app? The issue you describe is something I've always seen in the Tapatalk app and since the new app is based on Tapatalk that's probably how it is going to be unless Tapatalk fixes that "bug".

- Merg

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#3 ONLINE   Brandon Wedgeworth

Brandon Wedgeworth

Icon

• Administrators
  • 563 posts
  • LocationAlabaster, AL

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:24 AM

In other words, I use to be able to press "New Content" and it would list Topic A, B, and C.  If I then clicked on Topic B to read it.  Exit Topic B.  The list would now show only Topic A and Topic C.  This no longer works.  Now if I want this list to change, I have to read Topic B.  Exit Topic B.  AND then press "New Content" option to make the list show only Topic A and Topic C.  I really did not want to do this extra step.

If by saying "Exit Topic B", you mean you hit your browser back button, this would have never worked to remove the topic from the list you were presented at that point.  The page has to be refreshed to show the updated list and the back button of the browser will just load the cached page from before you clicked to enter a topic.  This is why pressing "New Content" works.  in that situation it essentially is just doing a refresh on the page.  You'd get the same result by just hitting the reload/refresh button.

Instead of hitting the browser back button to get out of a topic, while you're still in the topic, just hit the "New Content" button.  That should take you back to an updated list.

DBSTalk Site Administrator

U-Verse U450 w/Whole Home DVR

Cisco ISB7500 (upgraded to 1TB) >> 32" LG LCD
Cisco ISB7000 >> 60" LG Plasma
Cisco IPN330HD 46" Sharp Aquos LCD
Cisco ISB7005 (Wireless) >> 42" Philips LCD
2Wire/Pace 3801HGV Gateway

LIVESTRONG_logo_small.png - 2 Time Cancer Survivor

#4 OFFLINE   Holydoc

Holydoc

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 231 posts
  • LocationPanhandle, FL

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

If by saying "Exit Topic B", you mean you hit your browser back button, this would have never worked to remove the topic from the list you were presented at that point.  The page has to be refreshed to show the updated list and the back button of the browser will just load the cached page from before you clicked to enter a topic.  This is why pressing "New Content" works.  in that situation it essentially is just doing a refresh on the page.  You'd get the same result by just hitting the reload/refresh button.

Instead of hitting the browser back button to get out of a topic, while you're still in the topic, just hit the "New Content" button.  That should take you back to an updated list.

Thanks Brandon.  Maybe I had my browser set to refresh at every display.  /shrug   No problems though.  I can press the "New Content" option to return which will force a refresh.  Thanks so much!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...