Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR21 cutting out, loosing buffer.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Tuquala

Tuquala

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:41 PM

Two times in the last few days, my HR22 has gone to black screen for 2-4 secs, and then back to the program we were watching.  But the buffer is gone, and can't back up if wanted.  Unit does not reset or reboot, just goes "dead" and then back on.   One of the times, I thought the weather may have been the culprit, but the second time weather was clear and beautiful!!  Also, the glitch seemed to happen aboot the same time, around 5:50 pm Pacific time.   Any thoughts??

Also, why when you pick "stations that you recieve" in the guide selections, does almost all of the selections still show up?????  Last weekend, those that I couldn't get, showed up and I could pick and watch.  Now back to some gone, and some still show that I can't tune.

Liked the old RCA & Sony guides where you could uncheck stations that you couldn't get or did not want on the guide.  Other than going through the whole guide to build a custom list, I can't find an easy way to only show stations that I want to have on the guide.

Tanks in advance!!

Gerry

Edited by Tuquala, 04 June 2013 - 12:42 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Diana C

Diana C

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,876 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:48 PM

Is there a tree near the line of sight from your dish to the satellites?  "Last weekend, those that I couldn't get, showed up and I could pick and watch" implies that something is blocking a portion of the signal, some of the time.  If that thing moves, it could also block other signals.

Dish Network Customer from 9/1998-11/2001
DirecTV Customer 10/2001 - 7/2014

FiOS TV/TiVo Customer since 6/2014
Moderator, DBSDish.com 1999-2000
Co-Founder and Administrator, DBSForums.com 2000-2006

Current setup:
DirecTV: HR34-700 (1TB) / HR24-100 (1TB) / HR24-500 (1TB) / HR21-700 (320GB) / HR21-100 (1TB) / 2 H25s / C41-500 / SWiM16 / Nomad / CCK

FiOS: 2 Tivo Roamio Pros (6 TB total) / 5 Tivo Minis attached via MOCA

#3 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 19,026 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:38 PM

Does signal loss necessarily whack the buffer?

Even turning the DVR off shouldn't impact the buffer IIRC.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#4 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:33 AM

I think that signal loss would lose the buffer.  If you run any system tests, buffer is lost...

#5 OFFLINE   Tuquala

Tuquala

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:32 PM

For the past many years, signal loss has not "whacked" the buffer.  This was a dead screen, no sound, no messages, just 2-4 secs of nothing, then back to channel and no buffer.

What I meant aboot the guide comments is that channels that I DON'T subscribe to, showed up and I could watch them if i choose.  Then back to my normal guide which still shows some of those (but not all) but they cannot be watched.  Really strange guide action.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...