Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

GenieGo not compatible on Galaxy Tab 10.1?

GenieGO NOMAD Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Best Answer NoDayWithou , 07 June 2013 - 04:01 PM

You could copy the file from your phone to the table, or just download the APK file from here: http://d-h.st/H1g (this is a hacked version that will also run on rooted devices, but is otherwise identical to the "official" app).

Then, in the "security" settings on the tablet check the "Unknown sources" option.

Finally, using the file browser of your choice, navigate to your "downloads" directory on the tablet and run the APK. That will install the app. This is called "sideloading".

Thank you for the info, fortunately the issue is resolved.

I worked with D* they updated the info with google and got back to me. Issue resolved now I can finally do something with that GenieGo of mine!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   NoDayWithou

NoDayWithou

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

After owning the Nomad GenieGo for about 18 months I finally can use it on my Android devices! Or so I thought, last night I decided to try and use my GenieGo with my Android Tablet & Phone. Before attempting a download I checked directv.com for compatibility and was ecstatic to find both my Samsung Galaxy S2 (Phone) and Tablet 10.1'' are compatible. While using my phone there were no issues once so ever, each function of the application worked flawlessly.

Unfortunately it was not so smooth when I tried to use my Galaxy tablet 10.1 (series 1 model GT-P7510) displayed a 'this version is not compatible with your device' style error in the Google Play store. This tablet is a WIFI only version which is neither rooted or jailbroken.

My tablet is using Android 4.0 (can't recall off hand which specifc 4.0 it's running). To this point every piece of information I've found has stated that my tablet is compatible with the exception of the Google play store.

Please help me overcome this issue I have a few questions:

Is the Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI compatible or is the information on directv.com incorrect?

Are there any applications which can cause this compatibility issue?

Are there any work around to resolve this issue? Or is Google Play Store mistaken?

- Jason

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,821 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:45 PM

Did you try downloading the app as a file to your PC, and installing it via a memory card or other method.  aka Sideloading?

You may find it will work that way.

Saw that in another thread.

#3 OFFLINE   NoDayWithou

NoDayWithou

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:37 PM

Did you try downloading the app as a file to your PC, and installing it via a memory card or other method.  aka Sideloading?

You may find it will work that way.

Saw that in another thread.

The App store itself says that my device is not compatible, so unfortunately I can't even download it through any method i've tried it blocks the option. Tried on tablet and on pc either way failed unfortunately. I appreciate the reply, if you know of how to bypass that error on the PC or found a thread containing a how to I'd be glad to try it on the PC again.

- Jason

#4 OFFLINE   Diana C

Diana C

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,779 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:37 AM

You could copy the file from your phone to the table, or just download the APK file from here: http://d-h.st/H1g (this is a hacked version that will also run on rooted devices, but is otherwise identical to the "official" app).

Then, in the "security" settings on the tablet check the "Unknown sources" option.

Finally, using the file browser of your choice, navigate to your "downloads" directory on the tablet and run the APK. That will install the app. This is called "sideloading".

Dish Network Customer from 9/1998-11/2001
DirecTV Customer 10/2001 - 7/2014

FiOS TV/TiVo Customer since 6/2014
Moderator, DBSDish.com 1999-2000
Co-Founder and Administrator, DBSForums.com 2000-2006

Current setup:
DirecTV: HR34-700 (1TB) / HR24-100 (1TB) / HR24-500 (1TB) / HR21-700 (320GB) / HR21-100 (1TB) / 2 H25s / C41-500 / SWiM16 / Nomad / CCK

FiOS: 2 Tivo Roamio Pros (6 TB total) / 5 Tivo Minis attached via MOCA

#5 OFFLINE   NoDayWithou

NoDayWithou

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:01 PM   Best Answer

Thank you for the info, fortunately the issue is resolved.

I worked with D* they updated the info with google and got back to me. Issue resolved now I can finally do something with that GenieGo of mine!

- Jason

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GenieGO, NOMAD, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

spam firewall