Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Weird sound loss

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Registered
  • 824 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:21 AM

Had a movie recording on tuner 2 and was watching a recorded program on a 622 using TV 1 last night when I pushed something on the remote without looking where I was pushing.  I intended to skip forward during a commercial but obviously missed my target.  The program continued to play but suddenly there was no sound.  I stopped the recorded program and found there was no sound on live programming from tuner 1 either.  

My audio goes through an A/V receiver via optical digital so I ran some tests on the A/V receiver.  It was working with other inputs.  Then turned on TV 2 for the 622 and found it had no sound either.  That told me it was a problem with the receiver. Wondering if it might be a DISH transmission problem, I fired up my other 622 to check.  It had sound so the problem was isolated to the single 622.  As a last check I switched that receiver to tuner 2, which was still recording.  That tuner had sound.  Before calling tech support I decided to do what I knew they would tell me to try first.  I checked all receiver audio settings, which were okay, and then did a power button reboot.  It worked.  In five minutes I had sound again on all tuners.

Still don't know what I did to trigger this problem.  It's one I've never seen before.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 299 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:48 AM

Are both TV’s connected to Surround Sound or have a sound bar? When you please a DVD or Blu-Ray, do you notice any audio issues? When you press the buttons of; Menu>6>7 what are the settings for the DISH receiver for audio? Would you please PM me with the phone number on the account?

Thanks

Protected By... spam firewall...And...