Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR44 & HR24 Networking

coax network hr44 swm

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   gsslug

gsslug

Legend

• Registered
  • 135 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:26 PM

Glad they got it working. I had the same problem when I got my HR34. After plugging everything my HR34 and HR24 couldn't see each other. Called tech support. A young lady answered and it didn't take long to figure out she was probably new and had no clue what I was talking about. After several minutes of frustration on both our parts of her trying to understand what my problem was we were suddenly disconnected. I called back and got a young man. Again after several minutes of frustration on both our parts of him trying to understand my problem we were suddenly disconnected. So I called back a third time and got another young lady. In less than a minute she understood what my problem was. Unfortunately it took almost an hour of doing this and that but we finally got it working.

In this example only 33% of techs contacted had a clue as to what my problem was and how to go about fixing it.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,922 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:36 AM

Did you try anything on your own or with help from DBSTalk? 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#23 OFFLINE   vbush

vbush

AllStar

• Registered
  • 70 posts
  • LocationTexas (Tyler DMA)

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

Exact same setup as OP. HR44 shows connected to Internet, Whole Home status slows connected, but MOCA showed coax not connected. The HR24 slows connected to Internet, Whole Home status shows connected, and coax network shows connected. Whole Home and Internet are working on both receivers. Shouldn't the HR44 show coax connected on MOCA? I guess my question is Whole Home working in unsupported mode? Should I be concerned that MOCA shows coax not connected?

Slimline-55 (SWM)  >  HR 44-500 (AM-21)   +   HR 24-100  

spam firewall