Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone else have BeIN Sport turned off?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   hmss007

hmss007

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:26 PM

Sometime in the last 24 hours, DTV turned of my BeIN Sport channel.  I tried calling but their systems are down for maintenance and they can't turn it back on now.  Has anyone else had this issue?  I've had the channel since it launched in August 2012 and I'm wondering if they are going to force me to a new programming package to keep it - I haven't changed my programming in several years.

Any insight would be great and I'd hate to lose the channel.

Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   mjm76

mjm76

Legend

• Registered
  • 132 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:36 PM

I just checked my BeIN sports channel 620 and it is on, currently showing a replay of USA vs Jamica from 2012.

I also would hate it if this channel went off. I watch a lot of soccer on it.

#3 OFFLINE   Michael Hilley

Michael Hilley

Legend

• Registered
  • 186 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:25 PM

Sometime in the last 24 hours, DTV turned of my BeIN Sport channel.  I tried calling but their systems are down for maintenance and they can't turn it back on now.  Has anyone else had this issue?  I've had the channel since it launched in August 2012 and I'm wondering if they are going to force me to a new programming package to keep it - I haven't changed my programming in several years.

Any insight would be great and I'd hate to lose the channel.

Thanks.

You were talking about channel 620, right? 

And not 426?

I had 426 in the beginning, but when it was added in HD on 620, 620 went live on my account, and 426 was deleted.

#4 OFFLINE   DawgLink

DawgLink

Woof Woof Woof

• Registered
  • 1,542 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:12 PM

I am glad someone mentioned this because I had this same issue last night and was wondering it DirecTV had moved the channel to another package

#5 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,557 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

Channel 620 is included with the premier package or it can be added by having the sports pack. Channel 426 comes with most Spanish packages or it can be added to an English package by adding the en Espanol add on package

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#6 OFFLINE   hmss007

hmss007

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:09 PM

I just spoke with DTV and it looks like I shouldn't have had it in the first place, I have the Choice Xtra Classic package (which is legacy).  I've had it since it went live in August 2012, so do I have any way to push to have it kept?   The CSR was not really interested in my satisfaction and told me my only options are to add the Sports Pack or upgrade to Premiere.

Sigh

#7 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,557 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:25 AM

I just spoke with DTV and it looks like I shouldn't have had it in the first place, I have the Choice Xtra Classic package (which is legacy). I've had it since it went live in August 2012, so do I have any way to push to have it kept? The CSR was not really interested in my satisfaction and told me my only options are to add the Sports Pack or upgrade to Premiere.

Sigh

Those are your options, although they might be able to give a trial of the sports pack

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

spam firewall