Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Sportv Americas chan 9815?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   silv55

silv55

• Registered
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMas

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:32 AM

Hi guys; i'm newbe and want to greet everybody here.

Ok Can  anybody from Mas USA tell me where did Chan 9815  Sportv Americas go, and anybody knows who's gonna carry this  Portuguese Chan  for next season of potuguese soccer league Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,334 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:11 PM

9815 SPRTV Sport TV Americas (Portuguese) still exists. It is on 118°.

Hopper users who subscribe will see the channel on 603-04.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   silv55

silv55

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMas

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:10 PM

9815 SPRTV Sport TV Americas (Portuguese) still exists. It is on 118°.

Hopper users who subscribe will see the channel on 603-04.

Hi James won't you find strange that they would not anounce that on the chan in question?

instead thay have an anouncement like this;

Due to unexpected events,Dish is no longer able to air this chan.
We are currently working hard to bring you other exiting chanels,
and apologize for any inconvenience.

#4 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,334 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:29 AM

If that message is on the channel (either 9815 or 603-04, depending on your receiver) it seems that DISH did announce their loss of the channel on the channel in question.

It isn't DISH's responsibility to find subscribers another method of receiving a channel they no longer carry.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#5 OFFLINE   jsk

jsk

Icon

• Registered
  • 736 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:40 PM

SportTV America's website doesn't seem to offer much more insight other than to say "For Reasons Exclusively imputable to RTP - USA Inc. dba SPT, SPORT TV Portugal SA has been forced to, 

on 06/05/2013, restrain the access to the respective signal."

Maybe they didn't have proper rights to air the programming in the US/Canada?

Dish Player DVR 722K with OTA module connected to the Eastern Arc

#6 OFFLINE   heavy1981

heavy1981

• Registered
  • 4 posts
  • Locationnorth pole

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

SportTV America's website doesn't seem to offer much more insight other than to say "For Reasons Exclusively imputable to RTP - USA Inc. dba SPT, SPORT TV Portugal SA has been forced to, 

on 06/05/2013, restrain the access to the respective signal."

Maybe they didn't have proper rights to air the programming in the US/Canada?

it's all about money.

negotiations are being made to bring channel back.

#7 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

Not what they wrote.... They say they lost the rights to broadcast in the U.S........... (RTP has the rights - my insertion)

Sport TV Relações Públicas <relacoespublicas@sporttv.pt>

Boa tarde,

Agradecemos desde já o facto de nos ter contactado com o seu comentário e opinião. 

Informamos que o canal SPORT.TV Américas não está a ser distribuído nos EUA e Canadá uma vez que a empresa que detém os direitos de transmissão do canal para este território (SPT) não está a cumprir as suas obrigações legais com a SPORT TV. Devido a este facto, a SPORT TV está neste momento a procurar novas soluções que permitam chegar novamente a todo o território norte-americano.

Ficamos ao seu dispor para qualquer esclarecimento adicional.

Edited by tampa8, 29 July 2013 - 03:16 PM.

#8 OFFLINE   heavy1981

heavy1981

• Registered
  • 4 posts
  • Locationnorth pole

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

Not what they wrote.... They say they lost the rights to broadcast in the U.S........... (RTP has the rights - my insertion)

Sport TV Relações Públicas <relacoespublicas@sporttv.pt>

Boa tarde,

Agradecemos desde já o facto de nos ter contactado com o seu comentário e opinião. 

Informamos que o canal SPORT.TV Américas não está a ser distribuído nos EUA e Canadá uma vez que a empresa que detém os direitos de transmissão do canal para este território (SPT) não está a cumprir as suas obrigações legais com a SPORT TV. Devido a este facto, a SPORT TV está neste momento a procurar novas soluções que permitam chegar novamente a todo o território norte-americano.

Ficamos ao seu dispor para qualquer esclarecimento adicional.

That's their standard reply.  RTP does NOT have the rights.  trust me.

That line on their web site that mentions Rtp USA is Seabra in New jerseys company.  The company who was transmiting the channel to dish from olivedesports in portugal.

#9 OFFLINE   eclipsetrb

eclipsetrb

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:17 PM

Benfica tv is gone also but dish doesnt say anything about it to their customers (posting something on a website doesnt count) and keeps charging everybody the same amount of money.

#10 OFFLINE   heavy1981

heavy1981

• Registered
  • 4 posts
  • Locationnorth pole

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

Benfica tv is gone also but dish doesnt say anything about it to their customers (posting something on a website doesnt count) and keeps charging everybody the same amount of money.

yup.  and look for benfica tv and sportv americas to come back, but it won't be included in luso pack.  I suspect they will be set as premium channels.

#11 OFFLINE   xupamus

xupamus

• Registered
  • 1 posts
  • Locationnew jersey

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:01 PM

Reality is that SportTV should never be involved with SPT (Seabras Portuguese Television). Several years ago SPT had a similar problem with RTP when they launched their International channel. Then RTPi went to Dish on their own.

I was very surprised when they got Sport TV. I knew that eventually the same thing was going to happen. SPT has no money and no one watches that horrible channel. Other than some people in Newark, NJ no one else cares about SPT. The channel is just garbage.

I really would love to have SportTV, but never signed up because of the connection with the Seabras channel. SportTV should try to get on Dish by themselves, or at least with RTPi. Stay away from SPT, Benfica TV and all the other crap in the Dish package.

Edited by xupamus, 07 August 2013 - 07:06 PM.

#12 OFFLINE   heavy1981

heavy1981

• Registered
  • 4 posts
  • Locationnorth pole

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:51 AM

Reality is that SportTV should never be involved with SPT (Seabras Portuguese Television). Several years ago SPT had a similar problem with RTP when they launched their International channel. Then RTPi went to Dish on their own.

I was very surprised when they got Sport TV. I knew that eventually the same thing was going to happen. SPT has no money and no one watches that horrible channel. Other than some people in Newark, NJ no one else cares about SPT. The channel is just garbage.

I really would love to have SportTV, but never signed up because of the connection with the Seabras channel. SportTV should try to get on Dish by themselves, or at least with RTPi. Stay away from SPT, Benfica TV and all the other crap in the Dish package.

actually SPT has money, but he's just greedy and looking to make more money.  So is Joaquim oliviera from sportv and they're all greedy and looking to make as much money aspossible.

Also, RTPi is still broadcasted through SPT.  On dish and on FTA.  Hense why you see all the NJ commercials from the U.S..

I really do hope we get sportv amercias back and hopeully with not involving SPT.

Edited by heavy1981, 10 August 2013 - 08:52 AM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...