Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Discount on Starz with Ultimate Package?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MizzouTiger

MizzouTiger

Icon

• Registered
  • 609 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:42 AM

Just curious about this since I have the Choice Xtra Classic Package.  If you have the Ultimate Package, which includes all of the Encore Channels, do you get a discount on Starz?  It would seem that you shouldn't have to pay the full Starz price since you're already paying for 8 of the 15 channels with your base package.

<p>HR44-700 Toshiba 55SV670U | HDMI to Denon AVR-1909| Native On | All Resolutions Selected | DD On | DECA | SWiM | Harmony One | HR24-100 Philips 37PFL5322D/37 | HDMI to TV | Native on | All resolutions Selected | DD Off | DECA | SWiM | Harmony 880 | HR24-100 Sony KDL40V2500| HDMI to TV | Digital Optical Audio out to Yamaha HTR-5490| Native On | All Resolutions selected | DD | DECA | SWiM | Harmony 880

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:46 PM

No you don't get a discount.

Ultimate also gives you (Directv.com)
TMC East and West
Fox Movie Channel
NHL
Style
Cloo
Chiller
Boomerang
Sprout
Sundance
and maybe a few other music channels that still have nothing to do with Starz/encore.
My guess is that's more of where the cost between Choice Extra and Choice Ultimate is coming from then Encore.

Blue Ridge Communticatons

HD Basic Plus, HBO, Cinemax,Starz /Encore

Tivo T6 (Roamio Plus) Livingroom Samsung 6030,55 inch

Tivo T6 (Roamio Plus) Master Bedroom,Samsung 5300 40 inch

Tivo Mini Bedroom 2

Tivo Mini Bedroom 3

Cisco HD ,Bedroom office 4

Basic Plus analog Bedroom 5 and 6

G15 Internet

#3 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,378 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

No you don't get a discount.

Ultimate also gives you (Directv.com)
TMC East and West
Fox Movie Channel
NHL
Style
Cloo
Chiller
Boomerang
Sprout
Sundance
and maybe a few other music channels that still have nothing to do with Starz/encore.
My guess is that's more of where the cost between Choice Extra and Choice Ultimate is coming from then Encore.

I have had this argument with them a few times as well.  Why pay for the Encore channels in the Ultimate Package and then pay for them again if you decide you want Starz.  I didn't get it then and I don't get it now.  Since I usually have Starz with my programming I refuse to carry the Ultimate Package.

Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-100 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR44-500 Owned. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#4 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

Since I usually have Starz with my programming I refuse to carry the Ultimate Package.

That's Fine I see your point and yes IMO if you have the Ultimate pack they should only charge you $6 extra to add Starz.

But for a customer who wants to upgrade from choice extra and can't afford an Extra $13 per month, Ultimate is a good choice and good Value.
If any of these channels below intrest anyone, they can be added for $7

1. TMC East
  2. TMC West
  3. Fox Movie Channel
  4. NHL
  5. Style
  6. Cloo
  7. Chiller
  8. Boomerang
  9. Sprout
  10. Sundance
  11. Encore
  12. Encore west
  13. Encore love
  14. Encore Western
  15. Encore Suspense
  16. Encore Drama
  17. Encore Action
  18. Encore Family

Blue Ridge Communticatons

HD Basic Plus, HBO, Cinemax,Starz /Encore

Tivo T6 (Roamio Plus) Livingroom Samsung 6030,55 inch

Tivo T6 (Roamio Plus) Master Bedroom,Samsung 5300 40 inch

Tivo Mini Bedroom 2

Tivo Mini Bedroom 3

Cisco HD ,Bedroom office 4

Basic Plus analog Bedroom 5 and 6

G15 Internet

#5 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,253 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:44 PM

I have had this argument with them a few times as well.  Why pay for the Encore channels in the Ultimate Package and then pay for them again if you decide you want Starz.  I didn't get it then and I don't get it now.  Since I usually have Starz with my programming I refuse to carry the Ultimate Package.

put NHL back in choice extra or have a Ultimate Package with some of the sports pack channels.

• nuzzy likes this
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...