Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Graceland

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:21 PM

Pilot was pretty good. Lots of potential. Might be a keeper, once they get away from the gauzy shots of surfing (boring). You expect this quality from Jeff Eastin of White Collar fame, and it looks like he is delivering.

What do the rest of you think?

It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 511 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:46 AM

I wasn't too impressed.  I will usually give a show three episodes, so there are two more to go, but I am skeptical.  It seemed pretty standard fare so far, and I would have expected the residents of Graceland to be more professional than juvenile--that really struck me as WRONG!

Luke

Sagaciously eschew obfuscating sesquipedalianisms.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.--from Joan of Arcadia

#3 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,906 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:56 AM

I wasn't too impressed either. "Romper Room" would have been a better title for this show.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#4 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,180 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:26 AM

I'm in so far.
DirecTV: Genie HR44, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/75)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#5 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,513 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:37 AM

Ill be watching again

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play

#6 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,225 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:44 AM

Mrs. Fluffybear has already written off the show calling it far to childish and unrealistic. Since shows can go through a drastic change from the pilot, I'll give it a second go but from what I've seen of the summer season to date I might end up watching Me-TV a lot more.

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

#7 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,123 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:21 AM

I really liked it. It kept my interest, and definitely want more after seeing

Spoiler

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#8 OFFLINE   whitewolf8214

whitewolf8214

AllStar

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:15 PM

It was ok to me and I will give it a few more episodes to see where it heads then decide now the interesting part starts ;)   :)

Edited by whitewolf8214, 08 June 2013 - 12:16 PM.

#9 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

I really liked it. It kept my interest, and definitely want more after seeing

Spoiler

That did seem all too familiar. Where did we see that before? How about when they paired Scully with Mulder because he was such a supposed flake and they needed someone to report secretly on him? That was 21 years ago in a completely different pilot, and I would assume that this story will take a similar trajectory. No better or truer flattery than imitation. If you can't write it better, steal it.

Also a bold lift, the questionable shooting near the end, which was very reminiscent of Vic Mackey's actions in the pilot for The Shield, a better show than this and most other shows. Both were designed to establish that the hero has plenty grey area in his actions. But threads of X-Files and The Shield can probably only make this show better.

While I like the show overall, where it fell down for me was the standoff in the "hit" scene near the end. Once those in the car heard the shots and their guy did not emerge, they probably would have gone in to finish the job rather than just staying in the car. Two gunshots separated by 5 minutes (for discussion between hit and hitter) and then 5 more gunshots is pretty suspicious when there is only one target.

For those who incorrectly assume that real FBI/NSA/CIA/ATF feds act less juvenile or childish and more professional than these guys, be afraid; be very afraid. All you have to do is look at headlines for the last couple of years, which makes these guys look pretty professional by comparison.

"Romper Room" is the reality, sad to say.

It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

#10 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,929 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

Seemed pretty dull to me. I expected more. Will probably watch, but meh.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#11 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

I missed the pilot!!!  But I see it is being rerun in a week or two so meanwhile I am recording each "current" episode so I can watch the thing in order.  Thank goodness the R22 program guide lists the "original airdate" so I can make sense of all these episodes and watch them in the proper order!!

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#12 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,378 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:28 PM

I thought it was good.  Not the best I had ever seen but not the worst either.  I have watched 2 episodes and will continue to watch for now.

Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#13 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,196 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:14 PM

41NRxUaS3eL._SX940_.jpg

header_news.jpg
USA Network Orders Third Season of Original Drama "Graceland" from Creator Jeff Eastin and Fox Television Studios
The sophomore season followed the dangerous lives of six undercover federal agents living together in a government-seized Southern California beachfront house.

READ MORE

Edited by Drucifer, 11 November 2014 - 02:14 PM.

• Billzebub likes this
DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#14 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,528 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:57 PM

Good to know!  Thanks!!  I wasn't thrilled with this season's storyline, but I want to see how it all resolves.  Hopefully, they will make Mike a nicer person next season.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#15 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,049 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 06:00 PM

Agreed!  S1 was better than S2, so I'm looking for a turn-around...

Can't wait to find out how all the cliffhangers are resolved.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...