Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

subscribed to WWOR for 2 months but can never get the channel

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tenwinecans

tenwinecans

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

I added WWOR to my programming two months ago.  It's $2 extra per month. 

However, I've never been able to see anything on the channel.  It always shows a blue screen telling me something about not being able to acquire the satellite signal.     (all of my other channels are just fine)

I've spoken to Dish Network tech support numerous times.  They even sent out two technicians.  They kept insisting that I should be able to see the channel, especially since I'm paying $2 extra per month for it.   They leave without any solutions.   One technician even replaced my dish and the Hopper DVR.     

The Dish tech support over the phone was no help.  One supervisor gave me 3 months of HBO free as compensation, plus $5 off my account every month for the next 6 months.  I don't want any of that... I just want to be able to see WWOR.  :(

Can anyone help me?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   n0qcu

n0qcu

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:15 AM

Are you on eastern arc or western?

If western what is your signal on 119 transponder 20 for all 3 tuners?

Kevin

3 Hoppers
3 Joeys, all wireless
1 Hopper 2.0
YES, all Hoppers can see the recordings on any Hopper.

#3 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

You will get it on channel 238 in SD. If you are trying on channel 6307 in HD you will not get it unless you are close to NY.

spam firewall