Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

True premium channels HBO and MAX free this weekend

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   mike1977

mike1977

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:20 PM

Heres a question, try recording the same movie a couple more times on hbo, and see if it is interrupted during the credits each time.  also try a few other movies and see if its there as well.  I have a feeling its only sometimes on some movie's but not sure.

Frankly, in todays day and age, the only way I expect to get a movie completely free of anything start to finish is if i buy the blu ray version.

I have a question too: If you hired me to do something top notch regurarly, wouldn't you expect it ALL the time? Wouldn't you be upset if I sometimes did a poor job for the money you are paying me? Same with premium channels...I expect it ALL the time.

But yes, those physical discs are the only way to go now.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,013 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:47 PM

Actually, if it was for true blood, I suspect that it was mainly done for the big season premier and the fact that they where having a free preview weekend as well. I doubt they do it much more often than free weekends in this situation, which is my point. And I expect a bit different when its a free weekend anyway. I'm glad they don't do those stupid crawls though half the movies anymore during free weekends.

#23 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,037 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:56 AM

mike1977, do you subscribe to HBO or were you just watching it during the free preview weekend? 

#24 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,996 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:05 AM

I bet you're in the very very very very small minority on wanting credits untouched. This is one of the weirdest complaints I've ever seen/read.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#25 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,996 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:11 AM

I  record movies a week ahead of time. When the movie is over I stop my DVR & delete the movie.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

#26 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,996 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:18 AM

I have a question too: If you hired me to do something top notch regurarly, wouldn't you expect it ALL the time? Wouldn't you be upset if I sometimes did a poor job for the money you are paying me? Same with premium channels...I expect it ALL the time.

But yes, those physical discs are the only way to go now.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

#27 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,996 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:23 AM

You must be watching MGN Movie channel. They have commercials in the movies. I stopped watching that.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

#28 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 38,669 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:17 PM

I recorded it Sunday morning at 2:05am (Saturday night for some). The credits were intact.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

spam firewall