Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Odd playback issue on Genie the past two nights

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   kocheski

kocheski

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:21 AM

Just to add to the support, I have been having this problem intermittently on my HR34 since about June.  Initially it was on the local CW channel, then, thinking it was a dish alignment problem, I had the dish re-aligned, problem went away for a couple weeks and re-appeared on the NBC and occasionally the CBS locals.  I have an open call for another dish alignment, but just found this thread. 

I have not had the problem in the last week or two and keeping fingers DTV has solved the issue.  If not, I believe the ultimate fix is to upgrade to the HR44 which does not appear to have this problem.  The tech wanted to do this for me but I had about 50 hours of DVR programming on my HR34 that I would lose and decided to wait on this. 

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   pdub45

pdub45

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts
  • LocationManhattan, KS

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:32 AM

I'm having the same issue on my 34-700. Mostly locals and mostly recordings. But it occurs on all the channels I watch. It has also happened a few times on live TV.

#23 OFFLINE   carillon

carillon

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:52 AM

I started this topic a good while back and I'm still suffering from this issue. I seen a few say that they were offered a HR44. I would definitely consider that if there is not a cost associated with it. What do I need to in order to get my Genie replaced with an HR44?

SlimLine-5 SWM-8-LNB Dish (HD Service / WHDVR)
HR34-700 Genie / Sharp 52LE700UN HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA
C31 Genie RVU Client / Dynex HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA
HR24-500 / Panasonic TC-P54S2 / HDMI / Networked - DECA
H24-700 / Toshiba SDTV / Networked - DECA

#24 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,411 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:12 PM

I started this topic a good while back and I'm still suffering from this issue. I seen a few say that they were offered a HR44. I would definitely consider that if there is not a cost associated with it. What do I need to in order to get my Genie replaced with an HR44?

I don't think that's possible since they will replace with the same model you have(if its send to you for self install) if its a tech coming to your residence then maybe you might get the HR44 if they carry them. But not sure if a replacement process is the same as a upgrade in terms of technician installation.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 
Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#25 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,641 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:22 PM

I don't think that's possible since they will replace with the same model you have(if its send to you for self install) if its a tech coming to your residence then maybe you might get the HR44 if they carry them. But not sure if a replacement process is the same as a upgrade in terms of technician installation.

the receiver must be defective in order for tech to replace

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#26 OFFLINE   carillon

carillon

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:10 PM

Thanks guys... this problem is really annoying. Sure wish they would fix it soon!

SlimLine-5 SWM-8-LNB Dish (HD Service / WHDVR)
HR34-700 Genie / Sharp 52LE700UN HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA
C31 Genie RVU Client / Dynex HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA
HR24-500 / Panasonic TC-P54S2 / HDMI / Networked - DECA
H24-700 / Toshiba SDTV / Networked - DECA

#27 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,247 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:05 PM

And the replacement is of the same type of receiver, not necessarily the same model. So, a HR34 can be replaced with a HR44.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#28 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,641 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:53 AM

a HR34 can be replaced with a HR44.

And the other way around as well....  !rolling 

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#29 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,247 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:04 AM

And the other way around as well.... !rolling

Very true!

- Merg

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#30 OFFLINE   hrlyboy1

hrlyboy1

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:50 PM

HR 34-700

I am having the same exact problem and it occurs on more than one local channel on DVR recordings only.  LIve events are fine as I have compared.  So far NBC and CBS that I can confirm.  I called support to report, but declined a service call to see if this gets resolved with firmware. 

#31 OFFLINE   pdub45

pdub45

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts
  • LocationManhattan, KS

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

I've been on the phone several times with directv. It's to the point now where I have a case manager and have the engineering dept involved. If you're having a problem. Keep calling. It pays off.

Attached Files

• indycolts2k6 likes this

#32 OFFLINE   Robert L

Robert L

Legend

• Registered
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:22 PM

I got a HR44-500 a few weeks ago. There was 4 shows being recorded last Sunday night at 10PM.  Everything worked except The Newsroom on HBO.  It did what sounds like is being described in this thread. About 10 minutes into the show it started breaking up bad and basically froze the DVR.  No way to scan pass it but could skip to the end. After trying a few times it would take a minute or two before I could get control back. 

First time its happen but hope its not common in the future.

3- HR20-700, 2-HR24-500, Native on, 5- Networked (wired), FIOS, Slimline dish, Swm-16,HD receiver for music
Various displays & projectors, using HDMI

#33 OFFLINE   kenmoo

kenmoo

Legend

• Registered
  • 205 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

I've had an issue with my HR34 for at least 2 months now. I don't know what the studder is in the thread but mine almost seems to have a slight stop in power. The picture disappears and the sound on my Denon stops. Is that "the Studder"? The receiver looks like it actually changes to a differnet mode. It's not even an second probably but once it starts on a program it will not stop until I restart the progam or in some instances I need a red button reboot. Many different channels both live and recorded and also if I'm on the Guide page.

The only coorelation I can see is that my wife always seems to be watching something off the Client in another room. I do not want to swap out my HR34 because I'm behind watching too many programs and movies right now. I do hope it's a firmware isue. Here's another fun one for all of you. We use close captioning all the time (elderly). About a week ago every 15-20 words would be "pregnancy". Now where the heck would that come from? A reboot fixed it but very strange.

#34 OFFLINE   indycolts2k6

indycolts2k6

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:13 AM

Man, I'm glad I found this forum, I was starting to go nuts! We've been having the same exact issue with our hr34-700 that @pdub45 posted a video about above. Mainly NBC and live recordings. I tried calling DTV but didn't get anywhere, but I've just tried contact them on Twitter and posted a message on their message board (here), so hoping to get somewhere at least.

@pdub45 - have you made any headway with your case manager? Hoping for some good news. Most of the shows we watch are on NBC, so heading into the new fall season, really hoping they're aware of this and have a patch coming soon!

Edited by indycolts2k6, 05 September 2013 - 10:17 AM.

#35 OFFLINE   neckhardt

neckhardt

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

I have started to have this issue since the last firmware upgrade on CBS and ABC

#36 OFFLINE   captaink5217

captaink5217

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:36 AM

I started seeing this problem on my HR34-700 the last couple weeks on my local NBC in Scranton, PA WBRE 28, I record America's Got Talent and the main performance show seems fine on Tuesday nights but the results show the last 3 weeks has been a mess, every couple of minutes it starts breaking up on the playback of the results almost as if there is weather interference but the last three weeks it's has been clear with no storms in the area, the strange thing is it only seems to show up on the results show of AGT and not the Tuesday night performances, strange. I called and reported the problem so this week I'm gonna record the shows on both the HR34-700 and the HR24 I have in another room to see if it's just the Genie with the problem

Genie HR34-700
H24-200
C31-700

#37 OFFLINE   Datagg

Datagg

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:47 AM

And the other way around as well....  !rolling 

So true, now on my 4th HR34. Luckily the last one was made only a few months ago according to the manufactuer stamp on the bottom. Thus far, night and day differences as this one unlike all the rest doesnt have Hd lock up, buffer issues, etc.

#38 OFFLINE   Uncle Lar

Uncle Lar

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:12 PM

Have this same issue with local CBS channel.  Yesterday, recorded Bears game.  It was unwatchable.  Stuttered constantly. Wha's weird is the COMMERCIALS were fine, but everything else (the game) was screwed up.  This is the only channel to do this (for me, channel 3).  Does it MOST (80%) of the time when I record our local news at 10 too.

HR23-700 (powerline networked)
Mitsubishi 46" LCD
Denon AVR888
Paradigm Monitor 5

spam firewall