Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

RF Remote Control Issues

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   raott

raott

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,135 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:45 AM

Just switched to an RF remote in one of my rooms, I believe I was having IR interference from the TV (Vizio) as the DVR (HR22) was often non-responsive unless you moved it to within an inch of the IR sensor (did a lot of troubleshooting - ie switched DVRs, switched remotes, new batteries etc, nothing fixed the intermittent/often problem).

My issue is, the actions of On/Off actions of the remote (RC64 RF version) are strange when in RF mode.    The small "on" button will not do anything to the DVR or TV.  To turn the TV on, you have to hit the small "off" button rather than the small "on" button.  To turn the DVR on, you have to hit the "PWR" button.  The small "off" button will turn both the TV and DVR off.

Seems like bizarre behavior, is this just a flaky remote or is this normal for an RC64 or do I need to try some additional programming (seems like that shouldn't effect the "on" button not working to turn the DVR on)?

SONY KDS-55A3000 and a couple of Vizios; SWM16; HR34 NR; HR22 NR; HR20-700 NR; H23-600 NR; R22 NR

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,474 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:36 AM

Try the remote from the other Vizio you have and see if the small ON button turns on the TV you are having a problem with.

You might have a defective remote.

You could also try some different codes for the Vizio. I have a Samsung that the first code I used worked for all except the volume. The next code I tried worked all correctly.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#3 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,662 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:40 PM

try using code 11758 for Vizio

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#4 OFFLINE   raott

raott

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,135 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:35 AM

try using code 11758 for Vizio

Thanks, I tried that (think it was the one I was using) but no change.  I'll try a couple of the others tonight, but given the buttons don't even act right with the DVR itself, tells me that it is a remote issue.  I'll either just deal with it or by a new RF remote.

SONY KDS-55A3000 and a couple of Vizios; SWM16; HR34 NR; HR22 NR; HR20-700 NR; H23-600 NR; R22 NR

#5 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,474 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:40 AM

Check on Ebay. I just bought a new one with batteries and shipping for $6.15.

http://www.ebay.com/...rx&_sacat=32852

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

Protected By... spam firewall...And...