Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Equipment charges

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   gunman1

gunman1

• Registered
  • 2 posts
  • LocationKingwood wv

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:26 PM

I'm new here and not sure where to put this but I have dish network I had Internet through dish too but stopped cause they ere charging me 50 a month for speeds of only 500 Kbps well anyways I returned the equipment including the satelite and modem but dish kept saying they haven't received it and was putting charges on my bill for the equipment they were wanting 300 but the stuff was already returned eventually my fiancé ended up giving them 200 of the 300 but later on they found out the stuff was actually returned the guy I talked to said his coworkers didnt do a good enough search through there files I haven't been reimbursed for the 200 for the equipment what should I do or is there nothing I can do

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RBA

RBA

Godfather

• Registered
  • 331 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:43 PM

contact BBB you could also try your state attorney.

Edited by RBA, 12 June 2013 - 06:45 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,378 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:13 PM

I would do the most logical thing which is to call them first.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#4 OFFLINE   gunman1

gunman1

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts
  • LocationKingwood wv

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:19 PM

Yes my problem is is they were suppose to do this 5 months ago when they realized they had the equipment whenever I would call they would say me having Internet through them isn't showing up on the account the person I talked to that found out they had the equipment I haven't been able to talk to him and everyone else I talk to gives me the run around if I could get it credited to my account I would be ok with that but it seems like no one wants to help

#5 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:52 AM

Contact a DIRT member here.

They are Dish employees who read these forums to fix problems like you have.
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#6 OFFLINE   gov

gov

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

I've had 1 Dish customer and 1 DirecTV customer (myself) (that I know of) charged a non-return fee for a receiver still active on the respective account! No idea how THAT can happen, but it did, LOL.  DISH could not get the charge off the account and wound up just issuing a credit for the amount, I'm not sure if the non-cancellation of the original charge is going to be a black mark on that's customer record forever or not, despite the credit for the same amount.

Things get messed up on the computers all the time, be pleasant but be persistent.  

I'm still owed around $100 (NAICT), and am just waiting for a non-busy day so I can burn off an hour trying to get it fixed.

spam firewall