Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Genie 0x06DB, Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   Special Ed

Special Ed

Legend

• Registered
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:20 AM

Because (it seems) reducing the number of buttons was paramount.

I just noticed the red yellow green blue buttons are gone on the stock remote.  I have them on my harmony the still function - Red delete - Yellow info - etc...

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#102 OFFLINE   Special Ed

Special Ed

Legend

• Registered
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:23 AM

Anyone having issues with the video quality?  I've noticed that I've stopped getting HD quality on the TV that is hooked up to my HR34.  Peoples faces look two toned and other things of the screen look the same. I checked that I'm on 1080i setting and also rebooted the box and still the same results as well as checking to make sure all cables are secure.  When I watch the same recording on the C31 Genie Client on my other TV, the quality is fine.  I'll try to post a picture later...  Thanks.

Also make sure your connections are good.  A loose connection can do this sometimes.

#103 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,951 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:23 AM

How are you cabled—specifically, is there an AVR in the mix? 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#104 OFFLINE   keebler21

keebler21

Mentor

• Registered
  • 81 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:33 AM

Also make sure your connections are good.  A loose connection can do this sometimes.

yeah - already checked all the cables... using HDMI cable... I was on vacation last week and just noticed this problem this week.  It's really annoying to watch TV with this...  I'm not currently home so will check more this afternoon and let you know.

#105 OFFLINE   keebler21

keebler21

Mentor

• Registered
  • 81 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:33 PM

yeah - already checked all the cables... using HDMI cable... I was on vacation last week and just noticed this problem this week.  It's really annoying to watch TV with this...  I'm not currently home so will check more this afternoon and let you know.

OK - hooked up my digital camera to the other HDMI port and looks like I'm having the same problem so it's not my HR34... thats good to know.  So looks like it's my TV... I wonder if it's going to **** or what?  I reset all the settings on the TV and that didn't solve it.  Anyways you can see in the attached pictures the area's around her checks and forhead is what is happening, I know the pictures didn't take very well from the camera.  Has anyone ever had this issue or know of somewhere I might look to for help or am I more than likely screwed, just wondering if maybe someone has a clue or an idea of what to try to fix this?  Thanks! :bang

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_3825.JPG
  • IMG_3824.JPG

#106 OFFLINE   Starrbuck

Starrbuck

Legend

• Registered
  • 156 posts
  • LocationDFW, TX

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:41 AM

I just noticed the red yellow green blue buttons are gone on the stock remote.  I have them on my harmony the still function - Red delete - Yellow info - etc...

The red button still exists.

*** DirecTV customer since 2004 ***

HR44-700 (2TB) + AM-21 -> Panasonic TC-PST60 Series 60" Plasma

HR24-500 (2TB) -> Samsung 6000 Series 55" LED

C41-700 & C41-500

#107 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,951 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:11 AM

Keebs: 

What TV? Age? Does it have factory reset somewhere in the menu? 

#108 OFFLINE   Special Ed

Special Ed

Legend

• Registered
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:55 AM

The red button still exists.

I bet they had a meeting and somebody said, "I have and idea let's get rid of some of the buttons and functionality of the remote!" 

#109 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,951 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:27 AM

Certainly the first part. Move towards a smaller remote. Myself, I wish there was a handy button for a lot of things, but am at peace with what the '71 is. Takes a bit getting used to as do most changes. 

#110 OFFLINE   keebler21

keebler21

Mentor

• Registered
  • 81 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:19 PM

Keebs: 

What TV? Age? Does it have factory reset somewhere in the menu? 

It's an off brand TV... probably about 5 - 6 years old.  I already tried the factory reset and that originally didn't seem to help.  Later in the day yesterday though the issue seemed to go away and haven't noticed it as much and didn't notice it today either so I'm not sure what it's doing but it was like that for a good 4 - 5 days... Thanks for getting back to me.

#111 OFFLINE   rmmccann

rmmccann

AllStar

• Registered
  • 163 posts
  • LocationND, USA

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

Bad day today for me and the HR34 with this release. HDMI kept resyncing and every so often I would get a pink colored picture with no audio. Having native enabled, I just changed channels away and back and it would resync and work fine for a while. Swapped HDMI cables and the issue persists. Hopefully clears up soon. :(
If you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, you will live your whole life believing it is stupid.

#112 OFFLINE   JohnBoy

JohnBoy

• Registered
  • 253 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:37 PM

I see update 0x07 is out but i'am still on 0x06 on my HR-44.

Also I noticed Genie is recommending and recording shows that are not in my package lineup,

For example I have Mas Ultra and TVLand is not in my package but Genie recorded and recommended a few shows (Exes,SoulMan,H.I.C) with the green watch now ready and 30 minute record times.

Yet when I click on them I only get a light gray screen and the orange timeline.

If Genie is going to go through all the hassle of recording me shows she should at least let me view them to see if I would like them and possibly upgrade my package.

Or better yet Directv should just add TVland,Bet and Fox news to my package since all my Spanish channels are basically sd excluding a few.

Edited by JohnBoy, 01 August 2013 - 04:40 PM.

Mas Ultra Package + NFL ST MAX (Go Bills) MLB Xtra innings (Go Yankees)
1  Genie HR 44 - 700
3   Mini Genie C41 - 100
1 AM21 OTA Tuner

#113 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,024 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:57 PM

What package do you have?

And they always stagger rollouts of new firmware, it can take anywhere up to three months to get new software. Usually less than three though.

#114 OFFLINE   GoHurdler1

GoHurdler1

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:48 PM

I recently had the HR44-500 installed. I had a 2GB Western Digital Green drive in an Antec MX-1 external case attached to my HR22-100. Well, the DirecTV installer plugged it into the HR44-500 and it reformatted the drive, thus deleting all of my programs and movies that I had decided to save for like the past 3-years.

I decided to get a new external case and a 3GB hard drive. I bought the WD AV-GP WD30EURX 3TB IntelliPower 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive and the ICY DOCK Blizzard MB080U3S-1SB ABS shell with metal frame 3.5" Black USB3.0 & eSATA External Enclosure.

I tried multiple times to connect the drive via e-SATA to the HR44-500, but it wouldn't detect it. I connected the drive to my computer and it would not show up as an available drive. I formatted the drive then it would detect it. I tried connecting it but the HR44-500 still would not detect it. I then connected the drive to the HR22-100 and it wouldn't detect the drive either. So I thought that I had a defective WD AV-GP WD30EURX 3TB drive because the HR44-500 had detected and formatted the 2GB drive that had been on the HR22-100. I called the online seller and requested a Return Merchandise Authorization. I decided to give it one last try. I reformatted the drive multiple times, and then pulled the power cord out of the HR44-500 for over 15 minutes. I connected and powered up the external drive to the HR44-500m and then I powered up the DVR.  I don’t recall seeing a message stating that the drive was being formatted, but the DVR finally detected it.

Thus far the drive is working fine. I don’t know if reformatting the WD AV-GP multiple times on my computer is what finally allowed it to be detected or not. I assume that there is an issue with the HR44-500 for not being able to detect a previously non-HR formatted external drive.

Edited by GoHurdler1, 01 December 2013 - 06:51 PM.

spam firewall