Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Does DISH charge $ for new receivers?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   F1aReD

F1aReD

AllStar

• Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

Sorry if this has been asked, but I did a search and couldnt find anything, on here and Google.

My question is, If you are an existing Dish customer, and you want to add a receiver or upgrade a current one, do they charge you a one-time fee for the receiver itself? I know they would add on a monthly charge; and potentially an install charge, I'm asking about a one-time fee like Directv does. (I have Directv, and it would cost me $199 for the receiver, an install charge, and an extra monthly charge.)

Just wondering if Dish does the same thing.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,483 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:35 AM

I would assume just like DirecTV, it varies from customer to customer

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#3 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,719 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:03 PM

yes, now it named initial non-refunding lease fee - they give a privilege to start a lease by that :(

#4 OFFLINE   CheriT @ DISH Network

CheriT @ DISH Network

Mentor

• DISH Representative
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:15 PM

Hi, I would be happy to help! Fees for upgrading or adding equipment will depend on each individual account. This will also depend on the receiver you are wanting to upgrade to. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Cheri Torres
Social Media Representative
Cheri.Torres@Dish.com

spam firewall