Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Current customer who is very upset

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,378 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:33 PM

and then "Ellen" tells you to take a hike. Very helpful, bottom line company decides what path to take. There is nothing you can say or do to change this fact. Complaining here on how customers get the best deals is just pure entertainment for us...

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

Guess we will agree to disagree.  I am here to help.

Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,902 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

Guess we will agree to disagree. I am here to help.

So am I.....

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#23 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,779 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:38 PM

If anyone is interested I have a nice selection of crying towels. Your choice of logos, Comcast, DirecTV, DISH, FiOS, or Time Warner. :sure:  

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#24 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,378 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:40 PM

If anyone is interested I have a nice selection of crying towels. Your choice of logos, Comcast, DirecTV, DISH, FiOS, or Time Warner. :sure:  

lol.  Will they help or will I have to file a complaint about them on this forum lol.

Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#25 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,971 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:55 PM

So am I.....

Please, spare the server space, remove your meaningless line; we already got it ! your apple and the app; no need to repeat it in your 1000s posts

#26 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,902 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:28 PM

Please, spare the server space, remove your meaningless line; we already got it ! your apple and the app; no need to repeat it in your 1000s posts

Might be meaningless to you, but for those who understand.....

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#27 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,971 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:42 PM

damn ! these pompious apple-bees :eek2:

#28 OFFLINE   spummerr

spummerr

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:21 PM

We have been a dish network customer for about 10 years and there are no special perks for us. Yes dish network offers 3 months free of the premium channels but we are not interested in that. All the new customers get a discount on their monthly service and receive a free hopper or other device. Current customers do not get these incentives. 

We are currently looking at other options since we are not appreciated when it comes to trying to keep current customers with dish network. We would like to have the option of what the new customers receive. I would love for my bill for the next twelve months be lowered and receive a hopper free. You would definitely keep us as customers. 

I think the owner of dish network, Charlie Ergen, needs to reevaluate what his current customers need and want. 

Thank you.

dlbrey

Same story with Direct TV. I can't get a free equipment upgrade. I've been a customer for several years.

#29 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,642 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:41 PM

Might be meaningless to you, but for those who understand.....

Spam is Spam no matter how you slice it and dress it up.

Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#30 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,902 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

damn ! these pompious apple-bees :eek2:

No, we are actually fans...

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#31 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,096 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:21 AM

So, how about a couple more posts on the topic of the thread?
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#32 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,779 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:34 AM

We haven't heard from the OP again. Am wondering if he contacted Cheri.Torres@Dish.com and was compensated?

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#33 ONLINE   Orion9

Orion9

Legend

• Registered
  • 228 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:03 AM

I just want what I've had for years without unnecessary charges added on by changes I never agreed to.

I'll bet your original contract had a clause allowing them to change the service, so you probably did agree. Almost any service changes over long periods of time. As consumers, we get to keep it, switch to something else, or drop it all together.

#34 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,256 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:07 PM

<Moderator note> Gang, everyone has a right to vent here--about their service provider, equipment, etc. Not about each other. 

Please, let them vent without comment. Offer sincere help if you wish, though sometimes people who be venting ain't interested in help just yet. That may take a few days. :)

And, should a moderator post a reminder to stay on topic, honor that. Or we'll have to delete posts, just as I deleted a few today. DBSTalk is here to help each other, to talk about digital feeds, and have some fun as well. 

Peace,

Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#35 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:48 PM

Trying to be helpful... the OP seems to mistakenly think Direct TV or others just keep giving drastic discounts to existing customers as they do to new customers. They do not. Most anyone who first signed with Dish on a two year contract got discounts of some kind. The OP also seems to not like things like Free movie channels or freeviews or discounted upgrades or whatever other subscriber offers there are. That's ok that none of that interests him but many of us do take advantage of the offers. The only way to get new customer discounts is to be a new customer, change providers every two years or so. I have found the longer I stay and pay my bill the more Dish is willing to give me if I ask.

Edited by tampa8, 14 June 2013 - 03:52 PM.

• tsmacro likes this

#36 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,902 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:55 PM

The only way to get new customer discounts is to be a new customer, change providers every two years or so.I have found the longer I stay and pay my bill the more Dish is willing to give me if I ask.

And even so is not a guarantee...
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#37 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,490 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

I sometimes wonder if people realize what type of customer they really are.

Everybody thinks they are a AAA Number 1 best of the best customer. They lithely forget the months they paid late and other minor discrepancies - they had a good excuse, "It's not MY fault".

Then they want a company to give them a break, just because.

Well the bean counters remember the late payments and other little things that should not amount to anything, but they do paint a picture of your credibility, and it may not be as rosy as you think it is.

Why is it that some people get free upgrades every couple of years and others can't seem to get a break, maybe they have short or blurry memories, they are not as great of a customer as they think they are.

Dish has no reason to just be mean to you randomly, denying you a discounted upgrade because you belong to the wrong political party, or you part your hair on the wrong side.

To Dish you are just a number with a set of statistics attached which are used to evaluate your value as a customer. They spend a lot of time and effort working on these statistics and they are refining them daily.

That CSR did not tell you your upgrade would be $666 just because her shoes are too tight.

Why is it that I have gotten upgrades from an SD 510 to a Vip211 for only $50, then I got a FREE upgrade from my ViP622 (which I paid a premium upgrade charge - $200 - for to be an early adopter in February 2006) to a ViP722k, and just last month I got my whole house upgraded from a 722k + 3 211's to 1 Hopper with Sling, 1 Hopper2000 (I already had a Sling adapter - actually I had 2 Sling Adapters because I bought one and Dish sent me a FREE one because I had a Sling Box) plus 3 Joeys ALL FREE!! Oh, and I got $10 off per month for 10 months just for asking for it. Go figure!

What have I done to deserve all these goodies as a long time customer? I have no idea - I'm a Republican, I part my hair on the left side, I am on auto pay with paperless billing. I subscribe to the cheapest Dish programming that I can and still have certain shows. I was a LONG time subscriber to HDAbsolute and clung to it until the bitter end, so I do not consider myself a big spender with Dish. My bill just jumped over $100 per month because my grown daughter who has moved back home wants STARZ movie channels and the extra fees for all my new equipment (maybe it wasn't free after all) - so I don't think I'm that great of an asset, except that I have been a subscriber since March of 2003.

Either I am just one of the lucky ones whose number popped up in the lottery time after time or Dish has certain criteria that I meet that favors me over some others who have different statistics - I kinda thing it's the latter.

Edited by Jim5506, 14 June 2013 - 04:24 PM.

• RBA likes this
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#38 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,785 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:31 PM

I really never understand the sense of entitlement.  I ALWAYS tell people to ask... it never hurts to ask... but to expect freebies?  That seems like a bad expectation.

I eat at McDonald's at least once a week...  next time I go, I'm going to ask for a free Big Mac.  If they say no, I'll remind them how I'm there every week... and if they still refuse, I'll never to go McDonald's again... I mean, they OWE me a free sandwich, right?

;)

• tsmacro likes this

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#39 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,642 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:39 PM

I have no interest in freebies or special upgrades.  I just don't want to be charged more for nothing.

Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#40 OFFLINE   RBA

RBA

Godfather

• Registered
  • 398 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:07 PM

I have no interest in freebies or special upgrades.  I just don't want to be charged more for nothing.

Time to leave DISH because they aren't going to make an exception just for you.  Rules changed and there is no more annual subscriptions.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...