Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Comcast

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   inhd40

inhd40

Mentor

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:26 PM

My daughter has moved into a new place and is thinking about doing the Comcast Triple Play.  She is somewhat concerned about the DVR functionality as she is used to having Dish and Directv.  Has anyone used this equipment lately and how does it compare?  She will have three TV's and would like DVR on at least two if not all three.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,325 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:37 PM

From what I understand they are quite good and fast. But you may have better luck in the Comcast Forum at DBS talk

#3 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,325 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

http://www.dbstalk.c...23-x1-platform/

#4 OFFLINE   inhd40

inhd40

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:52 PM

Thanks, that looks pretty cool actually.  I did see that post on DBS but it didn't have much action over there.

#5 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,325 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

If they don't want a commitment, I say you have nothing to lose.
Our Local Blue ridge Doesn't require a commitment, unless you do a Dish Buy Back offer.

But from what I've seen and heard even around the Directv forums they seem to be quite good.
I say do some google searches and Maybe Comcast has their own equipment forum.
Here you will get a lot of useful and some very un-useful info in the Directv Forums :smoking:

#6 OFFLINE   inhd40

inhd40

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

Two year commitment, the details of which are a little hard to pin down, must have to check out first.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...