Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Business is business, but really?

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,663 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:37 PM

Techdimwit is only quoting one of four paragraphs of DiecTV's policy. 

I love when pundits leave out some of the content to make their point more "favorable"  :nono2:

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   techdimwit

techdimwit

Legend

• Registered
  • 207 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:42 PM

pundits

I've never been called a "pundit" before but I'll accept it for the insult it probably is.

Policy Schmolicy.  The point is being missed here.  I posted initially to draw attention to the fact that this mistake is still being made.  The man who took his story to the Gazette in the first place got the call from DTV, the "We're so sorry, blah, blah, blah".  Situation fixed.  Story over.  Unfortunately, that is not true.  

What amazes me is why DTV cannot get this straight with their CSR's.  This is a huge company and every CSR at every call center in the country should have a uniform way of dealing with customers who have suffered complete loss of property.  This happened after Waldo Canyon and I'm told it happened in Moore, OK.  For all I know, it happened after Sandy too.  Dish customers are not having the same issues with their company - not one complaint.  There is absolutely no excuse for this and victims of the fire should not have to make multiple phone calls to DTV to sort it out.  Get it right the first time.  

Thank you for the link, trh, that is helpful. It was never my intention to mislead or leave out important information.  I will pass that on to my friend and hopefully, he won't have to make too many calls to reach a rep who can help him.  

Bottom line.  I saw a lot of DTV dishes burn.  I don't think I'll see a lot of them go back up and the company has no one to blame but themselves and their shoddy way of imparting information. 

#83 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,308 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

I don't think the point is being missed. Same thing happens when you call and ask about equipment or plans: Ask the same question to any two CSRs and you'll get at least three answers. But when you're trying to get a beneficial upgrade, around here it is called "CSR Roulette."

Their CSRs are certainly not trained well and while I've been told each CSR has the resources to answer the questions, not all properly use them. 

I hope you can help your friend out and that their next phone call they get their problem resolved.  It is a real shame that people who have lost everything have to go through this. 

#84 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,663 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:16 PM

I've never been called a "pundit" before but I'll accept it for the insult it probably is.

Pundit is not an insult 

pun·dit  
/ˈpəndit/

a person who gives opinions in an authoritative manner usually through the mass media

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#85 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,193 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:22 PM

Although the word was in use long before there was much mass to any media.....

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#86 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,583 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:15 AM

Policy Schmolicy.  The point is being missed here.  I posted initially to draw attention to the fact that this mistake is still being made.  The man who took his story to the Gazette in the first place got the call from DTV, the "We're so sorry, blah, blah, blah".  Situation fixed.  Story over.  Unfortunately, that is not true.  

What amazes me is why DTV cannot get this straight with their CSR's.  This is a huge company and every CSR at every call center in the country should have a uniform way of dealing with customers who have suffered complete loss of property.  This happened after Waldo Canyon and I'm told it happened in Moore, OK.  For all I know, it happened after Sandy too.  Dish customers are not having the same issues with their company - not one complaint.  There is absolutely no excuse for this and victims of the fire should not have to make multiple phone calls to DTV to sort it out.  Get it right the first time.  

Thank you for the link, trh, that is helpful. It was never my intention to mislead or leave out important information.  I will pass that on to my friend and hopefully, he won't have to make too many calls to reach a rep who can help him.  

Bottom line.  I saw a lot of DTV dishes burn.  I don't think I'll see a lot of them go back up and the company has no one to blame but themselves and their shoddy way of imparting information. 

It might amaze you, but it's just business as usual.  Most of the time the CSRs just read from scripts in front of them.  I'd be willing to bet that none of those scripts have any info at all about natural disasters.  A call to the Retention Department would undoubtedly solve any of these problems, but most folks don't know how to play the phone game with D* and end up talking to people who have very little knowledge.  This nothing new, we've been complaining about the lack of knowledge in the first line group of CSRs for years and now that lack of knowledge has migrated to the Protection Plan.  

Poor pay and lack of proper training are responsible for problems such as you're seeing and D* just keeps truckin' along.  

Rich  

#87 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:49 PM

With what DirecTV pays for the receivers and considering how much they gouge subscribers every month for them (especially this new "$25 advanced receiver fee") most of the receivers have been paid for many times over.  If they have a stated disaster policy (presented in an earlier post) THAT IS HOW THEY SHOULD DEAL WITH EACH AND EVERY SUBSCRIBER INVOLVED IN A NATURAL DISASTER.  Not have uninformed CSR's try to collect payment immediately for non-return of equipment or imposing an ETF when the so-called policy says it will be waived.

• damondlt likes this

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#88 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,663 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

FWIW, When hurricane Sandy hit the east coast last year, DirecTV gave techs "permission" to turn any service call that needed rewiring or replacing receivers in to a movers, WITHOUT any charge to the customer 

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...