Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

recordings cut off

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   yence99

yence99

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:47 AM

I have a problem with my recordings every time I have scheduled consecutive shows to record on the same channel (no other recordings going on). The first recording will always be cut off the moment the second recording starts (1 min early). This was not the case with previous DIsh DVRs (I have a Hopper now). I remember the old DVR using two tuners in this type of scenario which allowed the first recording to run 3 minutes late and the second recorrding started started on time (1 min early). Is this normal with the Hopper and is there a way around it?

Thank you!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,977 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:23 PM

This is one of my biggest complaints about DISH. It is NOT something new as my ViP622 has been doing it since the beginning.

The companion to this complaint is that they need to not round the start and end times to the nearest tenth of an hour or whatever. Stop the first program exactly when it is supposed to be over (according to the raw guide data) and immediately start the second one.

DISH's chief competitor handles this situation much more gracefully.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#3 OFFLINE   TheGrove

TheGrove

AllStar

• Registered
  • 129 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:42 AM

Is the recordings on one of the major networks that share a tuner?

I know on my hopper I have the default to start 1 minute early and end 5 minutes late and when it goes to record 2 shows back to back it ends up using 2 tuners so I have overlap in the 2 recordings.  This is with channels other than the major networks (which I almost never record).

Edited by TheGrove, 18 June 2013 - 05:42 AM.

2 Hoppers (2 - 2TB EHD)
1 Joey

#4 OFFLINE   Bill L

Bill L

Mentor

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:56 AM

Dish needs to solve this problem or it will loose customers when renewal time comes up.

This has been going on for too long.

#5 OFFLINE   3HaloODST

3HaloODST

Godfather

• Registered
  • 472 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:58 PM

This is one of my biggest complaints about DISH. It is NOT something new as my ViP622 has been doing it since the beginning.

The companion to this complaint is that they need to not round the start and end times to the nearest tenth of an hour or whatever. Stop the first program exactly when it is supposed to be over (according to the raw guide data) and immediately start the second one.

DISH's chief competitor handles this situation much more gracefully.

This and also the receivers need to compensate for the 10-15 second delay in the stream itself.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using DBSTalk mobile app

2 Hoppers w/Sling / 2 Hopper 2000s / 1 Joey

1 ViP722k (separate account)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...