Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Is TV Guide (117) in the Welcome Pack?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   FTA Michael

FTA Michael

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

Never mind why, but I was poking around at Dish's Welcome Pack page. It's out of date in at least a couple of places - Dish Earth is gone and CCTV-9 is now known as CCTV News.

Anyway, can a DIRT or Welcome-based viewer tell me whether the TV Guide Network is really there? I'd also heard something about Pursuit getting added. Is the Dish page the most accurate list we've got?

Yes, FTABlog is active again. Why do you ask?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   CheriT @ DISH Network

CheriT @ DISH Network

Mentor

• DISH Representative
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:02 AM

Hi! I  am showing that TVGN is available on channel 117 in our Welcome package. Please visit this link for more details. http://www.dish.com/...gsearch_results

Cheri Torres
Social Media Representative
Cheri.Torres@Dish.com

#3 OFFLINE   FTA Michael

FTA Michael

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:14 AM

Hey Cheri, it's nice that you want to help, but you're referencing the same Dish page that I linked to in my question. The page that has known inaccuracies.

My question is still unanswered: Does anyone with first-hand access to the answer know whether TVGN is really in the Welcome Pack?

#4 OFFLINE   RBA

RBA

Godfather

• Registered
  • 347 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:46 AM

Seeing you don't believe DIRT I will tell you it isn't listed on channel 103 but it is active on 117 on my Welcome Pack.

#5 OFFLINE   TommyF@DISH Network

TommyF@DISH Network

Legend

• DISH Representative
  • 131 posts
  • LocationLittleton, CO

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:30 AM

Never mind why, but I was poking around at Dish's Welcome Pack page. It's out of date in at least a couple of places - Dish Earth is gone and CCTV-9 is now known as CCTV News.

The others have answered this, but I just wanted to let you know I was able to confirm those channels still showing on the list, and have forwarded it to have it addressed.

Tommy Faust
Sunday-Wednesday 6:00a-5:00p (MST)

#6 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,120 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:56 AM

Why bother? TV Guide channel is full of reality stuff, isn't it?

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#7 OFFLINE   FTA Michael

FTA Michael

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:03 AM

Thanks, everybody! Sorry to have doubted you, DIRTers. 

#8 OFFLINE   TheSpider

TheSpider

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:44 PM

does any1 have a current list the web site is nevar rite. for endstance i herd that axs is in it but the site dose knot show it. is we still in it i here it is but it is knot listed on the site. what channels are in it i may nede too it.

dan

#9 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,584 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

Why bother? TV Guide channel is full of reality stuff, isn't it?

I don't know of any fakeality stuff on it.  Lots of 80s & 90s sitcoms and other decent stuff.  Almost like what TVLand should be.

Problem is, even with the lower packages, you still get hit with the DVR, receiver and other nuisance fees that have nothing to do with programming, but only pad Chucky's pockets .

does any1 have a current list the web site is nevar rite. for endstance i herd that axs is in it but the site dose knot show it. is we still in it i here it is but it is knot listed on the site. what channels are in it i may nede too it.

dan

Ummm, what?

Edited by SayWhat?, 18 June 2013 - 01:53 PM.

Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#10 OFFLINE   TheSpider

TheSpider

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:55 PM

I don't know of any fakeality stuff on it.  Lots of 80s & 90s sitcoms and other decent stuff.  Almost like what TVLand should be.

Problem is, even with the lower packages, you still get hit with the DVR, receiver and other nuisance fees that have nothing to do with programming, but only pad Chucky's pockets .

Ummm, what?

Ummm, what?

can we get a listeng of the chanels that are on that package? maby it wood be better if dish were more clere on such mattars but day are knot.

dan

#11 OFFLINE   TommyF@DISH Network

TommyF@DISH Network

Legend

• DISH Representative
  • 131 posts
  • LocationLittleton, CO

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:25 PM

Hey everyone. I passed it forward and the welcome pack page has been updated to reflect current offerings. Check it out, and let me know if you notice anything else!

Tommy Faust

#12 OFFLINE   Orion9

Orion9

Legend

• Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:38 AM

According to the Dish website, there are still non-DVR receivers available.

#13 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:45 AM

:bang 

Edited by CCarncross, 27 June 2013 - 07:47 AM.

#14 OFFLINE   TheSpider

TheSpider

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

it does knot show axs

#15 OFFLINE   TommyF@DISH Network

TommyF@DISH Network

Legend

• DISH Representative
  • 131 posts
  • LocationLittleton, CO

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

it does knot show axs

That's correct. Axs is currently only in the Top 120 package and above, as well as the Latino Dos and Max packages.

Tommy Faust

#16 OFFLINE   FTA Michael

FTA Michael

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:49 PM

Hey everyone. I passed it forward and the welcome pack page has been updated to reflect current offerings. Check it out, and let me know if you notice anything else!

Thanks again Tommy! Since you asked ...

The default picture-based channel grid view shows the Bloomberg HD logo. Is it really in HD in the Welcome Pack?

In both lists (grid and list views), the channels are listed alphabetically _except_ that they start with TBS, History, HGTV, then Alma Vision, America Live, etc. Why do these three get all the love? I'd be more excited by Comedy Central and The Weather Channel than HGTV, but YMMV of course.

#17 OFFLINE   TommyF@DISH Network

TommyF@DISH Network

Legend

• DISH Representative
  • 131 posts
  • LocationLittleton, CO

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:59 PM

Thanks again Tommy! Since you asked ...

The default picture-based channel grid view shows the Bloomberg HD logo. Is it really in HD in the Welcome Pack?

In both lists (grid and list views), the channels are listed alphabetically _except_ that they start with TBS, History, HGTV, then Alma Vision, America Live, etc. Why do these three get all the love? I'd be more excited by Comedy Central and The Weather Channel than HGTV, but YMMV of course.

You're welcome! I confirmed that is there, and checked it against our internal channel tool and am showing the same logo under the SD version there too. It may just be one logo we use for both channels, but I have sent it along to get confirmation if that is correct or not.

TBS, History, and HGTV get all the love because they're amazing channels! :righton: I don't have an answer for that right now, but will include it also with my Bloomberg clarification

Tommy Faust

Protected By... spam firewall...And...