Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

ctv on dn

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,502 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:51 PM

In Canada you rarely see the full US networks. If a Canadian channel is airing a program at the same time as the US station it is replaced with a simulcast of the Canadian network.

So the ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox stations carried on Canadian satellite are edited and not the feeds from the US stations?
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,862 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:40 PM

They're edited whenever a Canadian network is airing the program. For example right now NBC is showing Global's broadcast of The Blacklist, CBS is showing CTV's broadcast of Hostages. ABC is in the clear since no Canadian broadcaster is airing the CMA special. Earlier Fox was showing Global's broadcast of Almost Human and Sleepy Hollow. Tommorow night WPIX and WGN will show CHCH's broadcast of The Originals and Supernatural.

#23 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:12 AM

So the ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox stations carried on Canadian satellite are edited and not the feeds from the US stations?

Well they are "feeds from U.S. stations" except for the times when the same program is carried on a Canadian network.  This is so the Canadian viewer sees the commercials target to their market instead of U.S. commercials. 

An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

#24 OFFLINE   dbspr

dbspr

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:40 PM

CBC will be great, (black out if transmit conflict) but to see canada's news and commercial, will be genial!. I see commercial when the NHL was in free view mode.

#25 OFFLINE   mwdxer

mwdxer

Legend

• Registered
  • 193 posts
  • LocationSeaside Oregon

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:19 PM

I think some cable systems carry BBC World as well as CNN International, which I wish we had.

spam firewall