Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

class action lawsuit filed against time warner cable for lakers dodgers fee!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   celticpride

celticpride

Icon

• Registered
  • 967 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

The fierce cable website is reporting of a class action lawsuit against time warner cable for charging customers of directv, verizon and charter an extra fee for the lakers and dodgers games because of TWCS new tv contract with those sports teams .customers are mad for having to pay an exra fee (in  my case i think its $2.00 with verizon) and i dont even watch laker or dodger games.

#2 ONLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,060 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:42 PM

Well since that$2 fee is only for the Lakers channel and another will likely pop up if the Dodgers get picked up that should be funny to see. They don't have a legal leg to stand on IMHO but should be interesting To see.

#3 OFFLINE   trainman

trainman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,457 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:22 PM

Great, except customers of the non-TWC providers aren't being charged by Time Warner Cable (they're being charged by their providers), and the charge on my DirecTV bill is listed as "Regional Sports Fee," no mention of TWC SportsNet, Lakers, or Dodgers (and DirecTV charges that same fee in other regions of the country as well; not sure how Verizon and Charter handle things).

Assuming this lawsuit has been reported accurately by the thread starter, there's no way it survives 10 minutes in the same courtroom as TWC's lawyers.

Edited by trainman, 19 June 2013 - 05:22 PM.

trainman is Jim Ellwanger

HR34-700 | Linksys WGA-600N | Samsung 46" LCD | Slimline-5 dish

#4 ONLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,972 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

The report in the Hollywood Reporter esq. here;

http://www.hollywood...d-lakers-570770

And a copy of the entire formal complaint filed with LA Superior Court here;

http://www.hollywood...ds/bc512259.pdf

Definitely not for me, but for those that like a lot of reading and weeding through legalese ... 

DIRECTV sub. since Sep. of '95

#5 OFFLINE   wingrider01

wingrider01

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:05 AM

Another payday for the crass action lawyers. Arnold S. said it right in Red Heat when it comes to lawyers

spam firewall