Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

63% of drivers say GPS got them lost

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,454 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:55 PM

I meant projected as in the speed is projected from the lens on the dash onto the windshield.

Ah, thanks. I kept thinking about the other type of projection, such as ETA or driving range given the gas supply. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   wingrider01

wingrider01

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:39 PM

Pontiac had a "heads up" display on the Bonnevilles years ago.  Click the option and the readout would be displayed on the windshield just above the steering wheel.  I drove one and I found the display on the window easy to read while driving.  Showed the MPH and stuff like that.  Must not have been a good selling point.  I really don't like the displays on the middle of the dashboards above the center console.  Seems to be distracting.    

About the location, it's still illegal to have them mounted on the window in NJ.  A law that's overlooked by the police, for the most part.  

Rich

the Grand Prix had the option available until they stopped making them. Had a 2008 GXP with it

#43 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,074 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:14 PM

the Grand Prix had the option available until they stopped making them. Had a 2008 GXP with it

Nice car, a bit too small for me.  Shame they stopped making the Pontiacs.  Had an '88 Bonneville I bought new.  Lasted me 20 years. that Bonneville I drove with the heads up option also had its own air compressor.  Nice feature.

Rich

#44 OFFLINE   wingrider01

wingrider01

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:17 AM

Nice car, a bit too small for me.  Shame they stopped making the Pontiacs.  Had an '88 Bonneville I bought new.  Lasted me 20 years. that Bonneville I drove with the heads up option also had its own air compressor.  Nice feature.

Rich

Didn't get it for the size, some tuning and parts upgrade by the experts, it was putting 470 HP along with some suspension mods and a custom paint job. made a pretty penny on it when I sold it.

#45 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,302 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

Didn't get it for the size, some tuning and parts upgrade by the experts, it was putting 470 HP along with some suspension mods and a custom paint job. made a pretty penny on it when I sold it.

how did we go from being lost by GPS to talking about cars....lol :rolling:
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#46 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,293 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:17 AM

Don't try to get to my house by blindly following your GPS. I have yet to see one with a map that doesn't reflect the upper one in the image below. And my Garmin GPS is always telling me to turn at the upper outlet shown on my street which is somebody's house. The problem is the map below properly reflects what's on the ground:

gps.jpg

So if I have my GPS on, I turn into my street and it does the "recalculating" every time.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#47 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,502 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:56 AM

I have no idea how big those plots are, but I suspect much of that map would fit within my 7 acres.  I could never have neighbors that physically close again.  But I guess that's a different thread, eh?

Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

spam firewall