Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Big Brother 15

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#221 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:08 AM

Man, I hate to think what I would do if Andy wins this season.  All the teary eyed scenes,  all the flip flopping on those in his alliances and then trying to rationalize his being a loyal player to those close to him.  His total delusion that he is actually the strategic one.  He was carried a long way through the game by others in the house.  I see him as nothing but a weak kneed floater that decided at the last minute to turn and  back stab members of his original alliance that carried him on their backs all the way there.  I have no problems with any remaining players winning EXCEPT him.    

I despise his game and echo your closing sentiment.  Unlike you, I think this was his strategy all along. His only loyalty has been to himself.  It's the way he came into the game.  Hopefully, the others will see this and send him home penniless.

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#222 OFFLINE   thxultra

thxultra

Godfather

• Registered
  • 440 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

Man, I hate to think what I would do if Andy wins this season.  All the teary eyed scenes,  all the flip flopping on those in his alliances and then trying to rationalize his being a loyal player to those close to him.  His total delusion that he is actually the strategic one.  He was carried a long way through the game by others in the house.  I see him as nothing but a weak kneed floater that decided at the last minute to turn and  back stab members of his original alliance that carried him on their backs all the way there.  I have no problems with any remaining players winning EXCEPT him.    

Really think it is between Spensor and who ever wins HOH. Both will take him since he has no chance to win the game. He really hasn't made any big moves. Andy has been nothing but a snake but have a feeling he will end up winning. Totally doesn't deserve the money. Hate when floaters get this far let alone win. Would be great for Gina Marie to win HOH and send Andy packing with nothing.

#223 OFFLINE   jdskycaster

jdskycaster

Legend

• Registered
  • 272 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:38 PM

^Amen to that one!

#224 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:41 PM

Morty has a few thoughts he'd like to share with us...

--------------------

I wanted to ask you who you'd like to see win Big Brother 15, and I was going to give you a fourth choice, "None of the above," however, the jury doesn't get that easy choice, so why should you, pick one!

Voting for America's Favorite Player at CBS ends today at 11:59AM BBT. The poll I started last week has received 37,159 votes and as you can see from the results at the right, Elissa has an astounding lead with 44% of the votes.

Some web sites have campaigned for Elissa, I didn't. It's not that I wanted to appear unbiased, but because my reason for wanting Elissa to win is not very nice; I just want to see the final six really pissed off. Howard, who IMHO, is a very nice guy, wants the money to take his mother to see the Martin Luther King Memorial in Washington DC, which is a much more noble cause than pissing off a few loud mouths.  I think most of 16,400+ voters on this site want Elissa to win to piss off the loud mouths, so although I'm not a nice guy, I'm not lonely. Spencer has said that if he wins the big prize he'd pay for Howard's pilgrimage to Washington.  I'd really like to see all these scoundrels held to the promises they make in the house.

While I'm making snide remarks, let me throw a few at the producers. Is it just me or have they gotten lazy and complacent? With the motto, "Expect the Unexpected," things are pretty damn predictable.  The houseguests were able to accurately guess the type of competition (i.e. OTEV, Before or After, Double Evictions, etc..) every week.  It's time to switch things up! Like, for example, the PoV was a big twist when it was introduce over a decade ago, but now it would be a big twist that if they had PoV competitions that could result in no one winning the PoV. Now that would be a twist, everyone depending on a PoV, and then no one wins it! What if the winner of the PoV could keep it secret one week, like they do with the immunity idol on Survivor, and at the last minute someone could whip out the PoV and shake things up.

I previously suggested that throughout the season the HGs would have to do work, like making t-shirts that could be sold on line to raise money for a charity, and the HGs would earn BB dollars that could be used to buy food and beer, a better bed, or maybe even a PoV.  Think of the deals that could be made if the HGs had a currency in the house to barter with.

Last winter we covered the first ever Canadian Big Brother and it was great. One thing that made it great was that once BB woke up the HGs, they were not allowed to go back to sleep, and at a reasonable hour, the lights would dim, to encourage them to go to bed.  They had a talking moose on the wall (her name was Marsha) and a phone in the storage room, that gave HGs secret tasks they had to complete during the day. If they completed the task, at the end of the day, they'd get a reward, usually a party with booze. This gave them something to do all day, and yet they still had plenty of time to plot and scheme. The parties were usually not shown on the feeds, which gave us a break, and something to see on the TV show. The HGs were also punished for not wearing their mics, like they'd get their booze taken away. One girl that was always sleeping during the day got the CD player taken away from the HoH room for a few days. I really had hoped Big Brother USA would have adopted these policies as well.  I feel the viewers are punished more than the HGs.

So there's my opinion for today.  I figured I might as well write something, as I think the HGs are going to continue to bore us today.

Source

--------------------

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#225 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,772 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

And stop repeating challenges from past seasons.
  • thxultra likes this

#226 OFFLINE   thxultra

thxultra

Godfather

• Registered
  • 440 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

And stop repeating challenges from past seasons.

Can't agree with you more. The Zingbot is sooo played and otev. That and those dumb question HOH challanges. They can do so much more with this show but choose to have no creativity at all.

#227 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

A final few words from Morty:

-------------------------------------

Rumors: Now let's get down to the talk on the net.  This season has had more outrageous rumors than any other season I can think of. One site had said that Amanda is a close personal friend of Allison Grodner, the executive producer of Big Brother, and that it was predetermined that Amanda would win BB15. When things weren't going well for Amanda, the site said that since the story of the show being rigged "leaked" out, that CBS was going to cover it up by having Amanda get evicted.

These outrageous rumors don't bother me as much as the people that believe them. Forget about the ridiculousness of the plot, any fan of Big Brother can see that there is a huge element of chance built into the game, with competitions requiring balancing balls, running on slippery floors, and even a roulette wheel, rigging the game for a predetermined outcome would be impossible.

Besides the rumors, various websites have interpreted information to sensationalize it to the max.  When the Prudential Real Estate website in Florida removed Amanda's picture from their directory of realtors, it was reported that Amanda had her license taken away. Whereas it might be true that Prudential would want to distance themselves from Amanda's reputation, it is up to The Florida Real Estate Commission (FREC) to determine if she in some way violated the Florida Division of Real Estate statutes and codes.

Yesterday it was reported on Qwerty, a usually reputable gay news site, that Andy was fired from his teaching position at the College of DuPage.  This was an assumption made based on a post on the college's Facebook page that read:

“Andy Herren has formerly worked for College of DuPage as a part-time instructor. He does not currently work for the College. Any behavior or language he uses on the CBS reality show “Big Brother” does not represent the opinions or values of College of DuPage.“

While in the Big Brother house Andy has said that he does not know if he will be re-hired when he gets out, if DuPage wants him, his employment would begin in January. It sounds more like Andy was working on a per diem, or more precisely, a per semester arrangement, and the college had not determined if he his services would be required in January.

But wait... there's more!

BBluver is going to write up tonight's big finale, and we have not yet heard if the backyard interviews will be shown of the feeds this year, if they are, we'll cover it.  Then, tomorrow, we'll have all the press reports and links to interviews with the most politically incorrect, rude, vulgar houseguests in Big Brother history.  I, for one, can't wait to see their reaction to finding out what the public thinks of them.

-------------------------------------

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#228 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:32 AM