Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Big Brother 15

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,110 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:10 AM

The fact that this show is still in SD is just absolutely ridiculous. What a disappointment.

Also the after hours on TVGN is worthless. The SD and editing for language have rendered it completely un-watchable.

+100%

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,110 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:29 PM

That's it. No more BBAD for me. Last night they not only censored the program and truncated it to two hours, but they had commercials to boot. 

Strike three, Julie ... see ya. :wave:

• SPACEMAKER likes this
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#23 OFFLINE   thxultra

thxultra

Godfather

• Registered
  • 417 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:33 AM

The fact that this show is still in SD is just absolutely ridiculous. What a disappointment.

Also the after hours on TVGN is worthless. The SD and editing for language have rendered it completely un-watchable.

Almost seems like a ploy to get people to get the live feeds. They should do daily recap shows like the UK does. They don't censor theres at all either.

#24 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,110 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:27 AM

Almost seems like a ploy to get people to get the live feeds. They should do daily recap shows like the UK does. They don't censor theres at all either.

I won't be falling for that one anytime soon. :nono:

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#25 OFFLINE   SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER

Freethinker

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,177 posts
  • LocationMason, MI

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

It will be interesting to read about what happens when the racists/bigots get out of the house and feel the backlash. Aaryn has a great opportunity to learn some extremely valuable life lessons. Hopefully she can be mature enough to approach things with the right attitude to do so.

Living Room:
Sony KDL-55EX720
HR44-700
AM21
Sony BDP-S360 Networked
Bedroom:
Sony KDL-40EX720
HR24-200
Sony DVP-NS75H

#26 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,110 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

It will be interesting to read about what happens when the racists/bigots get out of the house and feel the backlash. Aaryn has a great opportunity to learn some extremely valuable life lessons. Hopefully she can be mature enough to approach things with the right attitude to do so.

I hope so, but she seems to have a no mea culpa-thing going.  I'm hoping she'll come around and realize the harm she's placing on her future.

GM should learn a thing or two also.  Hard to believe she's one of the house "elders" still thinking with her crotch.

Too bad BBAD is a loss this year.  It would have been fun to watch them two digging their holes.  Gotta give credit to Julie (and only Julie) for speaking out on it. 

As for CBS, they need to get their own house in order before disclaiming the houseguests.

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#27 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,110 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

♫ {Girls just wanna have fu-un...} ♫

I noticed that Ms Potty Mouth couldn't resist tormenting GM last night. :nono2:  What a waste.

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#28 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,110 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:53 AM

Scuttlebutt has it that America didn't intentionally vote for Elissa to be the third nominee. I'm hearing that many voters thought they were actually voting for her to be BBMVP. 

Interesting ... an unintended twist within a twist. :sure:

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#29 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,110 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:11 PM

I hate to see Aaryn get another week in the house. 

Compliments of Morty'sTV.com: Up in the HoH Andy knocks and comes in with Aaryn saying "You don't have to knock, queer boy."

Will this stupid girl ever learn? :scratch:

I'm hoping that they evicted Kaitlin because she was a viable threat and not because of her past alliance (dalliance?) with Jeremy.

• sigma1914 likes this
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#30 OFFLINE   thxultra

thxultra

Godfather

• Registered
  • 417 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:15 PM

Going to be a long week in the big brother house... Not looking forward to this weeks HOH at all.

#31 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,110 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

It can go two ways:

1.  She behaves: ho-hum week.

2.  She doesn't behave: all hell breaks loose.

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#32 OFFLINE   thxultra

thxultra

Godfather

• Registered
  • 417 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:14 AM

We are do for a good blowup this season... Been kind of Blah so far if you ask me.

#33 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,110 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:31 AM

We are do for a good blowup this season... Been kind of Blah so far if you ask me.

You may be right, txultra.  I detect an allegiance drift that could very well lead to the blow-up you allude to. 

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#34 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,826 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

She screwed up. I don't get why the useless floaters and Amanda think Howard is a big schemer. Amanda is hilarious and I like her, but she is far more dangerous. Unfortunately, I think a useless floater like Andy or Jessie will go far. The house keeps letting Ellisa and Aaryn get off each week...they're going to regret it,.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#35 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,110 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:23 PM

She screwed up. I don't get why the useless floaters and Amanda think Howard is a big schemer. Amanda is hilarious and I like her, but she is far more dangerous. Unfortunately, I think a useless floater like Andy or Jessie will go far. The house keeps letting Ellisa and Aaryn get off each week...they're going to regret it,.

If by "She" you mean Aaryn, then yes, I agree with you.  I fully expected her to go against Helen and Ellisa - mind you I can't stomach Aaryn, but I also think she missed out on a perfect opportunity to make a power move as suggested by Howard. 

I don't agree with your take on Amanda ... well let me change that ... yes, she's far more dangerous than perhaps anyone in the house short of Helen. But I also think she's hiding behind McCrea and that she purposely connives and manipulates people into thinking her way ... and I include the love affair with Pizza Boy in that opinion.  I only hope the house sees it America's way and gets rid of her before she has a chance to contaminate the jury house. Does it show that I don't like her?

Be careful of Andy.  He takes "floating" to a new level.  There's hardly a conversation that he doesn't inject himself into.  He's like a gnat flying from room-to-room looking for something or someone to land on.  He is ever-present and, to me, quite transparent in his intent.

Jessie is a good tag-along.  Her and Judd make the passable McManda, but a bit on the platonic side. I may be wrong about the platonic thing, but I stopped watching BBAD so I haven't taken a look at what they do behind the scenes.

But that aside, her and GM make the most plausible floaters in my mind. I expect they'll outstay a bunch of houseguests, but I don't see any of them winning.

Spencer is a conundrum.  I can't figure him out, but at the same time, neither can America.  Time will tell if he'll go the way of Howard or the way of Jessie/GM.

Howard and Candice for their part, could be "the" couple to beat, but they seem so intent on staying out of the firing line that they have practically alienated themselves from the rest of the house.  I don't think this is good ... and I'm not rooting for any one of them either.

Helen and Elissa are the two to watch, IMHO. Maybe it's her demeanor or her social skills, but Helen has become growingly influential and is a strategic player. She bears watching.

Elissa, OTOH, is living in Rachael's dream world, even America got caught up in the sisterhood thing and made her BBMVP a few times.  I'm guessing that America will soon grow tired of that, and it may be time for Elissa to play her own game and not Helen's.

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#36 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,826 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

Excellent and agreeable analysis. Did you read the updates of POV & MVP (Americas) 3rd nomination? It sucks how predictable weeks go with who's going home.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#37 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,110 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

Excellent and agreeable analysis. Did you read the updates of POV & MVP (Americas) 3rd nomination? It sucks how predictable weeks go with who's going home.

Yes, I read the transcripts of the live feeds.  Agree.  Even if Candice's placement on the block was a great strategic blow to Howard's chances (eliminating a Candice vote) , it's easy to predict that the wrong person (Howard) will be sent packing. 

Sooner or later Helen and Elissa's mistakes of omission (not dealing with Aaryn/Amanda) are going to prove bad. You can't keep putting these off while the household is getting smaller.  At some point, they won't have the physical votes to initiate their master plan. They seem to be living for the moment and taking their eyes of the prize.

And, I guess, that's part of the game, too.

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#38 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,110 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:12 PM

So Amanda is playing pool with Jessie and says to her "If anyone asks you to vote for me, you're being set up.".

How pretentious can one get? :sure:

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#39 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,110 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:29 PM

Howard's gone ... no real surprise there.  Candice would have been better.

But, GM wins HOH?  Wow ... wonders never cease!

All of last week's allegiance shifts makes for a confusing this week ... especially with a double whammy in the cards.

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#40 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,694 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:59 PM

Anyone else watching BB-Australia or UK? Great shows so far.

spam firewall