Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Big Brother 15

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,260 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:18 PM

Another poor decision.

[spoiler]

Not entirely unexpected.

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#102 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,260 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:31 AM

John Cochran of Survivor fame has written this piece for Entertainment Weekly.  I just have to share this with you:

'Survivor' winner John Cochran on this week's 'Big Brother'

by John Cochran on Aug 19, 2013 at 1:17PM

Storytelling on Big Brother – that is, the process by which the show’s editors and producers sift through thousands of hours of footage and assemble something resembling a coherent, satisfying narrative for every episode – really fascinates me. Most comparable reality shows, including Survivor and The Amazing Race, are filmed months in advance of being broadcast, with the outcome of the competition already known by production staff long before concrete storyboarding for the season takes place. Producers and editors of Big Brother are afforded no such luxury. Because Big Brother episodes are edited and put together contemporaneously with the filming of the show, BB production can’t be confident that the hero they present week one won’t be gone by week two, or that the villain they’ve shown in episode five won’t have transformed into a frontrunner by episode eleven. The result is a form of storytelling that can be frustrating, inconsistent, exciting, and dynamic, all at the same time.

I mean, at the beginning of this season, who would have predicted that McCrae – the lanky, goofy guy who fretted about not fitting in with the house – would be a part of the cast’s most enduring and powerful showmance? Or that Aaryn – the insensitive, hate-spewing outcast – would become a legitimate challenge beast and member of the dominant majority alliance? Or that Helen – who once seemed to be the only voice of reason and competent strategist – would turn out to be a tragically oblivious punchline? And let’s not forget GinaMarie, who’s courageously transitioned from referring to her housemates as "cock-a-roaches" to now calling them "Chihuahuas."

Amanda has also undergone something of a transformation, albeit one for the worse. The wisecracking real estate agent, who was once noteworthy for being one of the few houseguests able to step back and laugh at the absurdity of her surroundings, has herself become a part of the freakshow. When McCrae’s throwing of last week’s HoH competition still failed to assist his beloved in securing her first win, Amanda finds herself feeling a little down in the dumps. After chastising McCrae for not being sufficiently consoling, Amanda retreats to the storage room, where she sobs behind a garbage can. GinaMarie is not impressed by Amanda’s treatment of McCrae: "She’s just gonna ruin his life," she confides to Spencer, while putting the finishing touches on her Nick voodoo doll.

Aaryn’s HoH win triggers a very different reaction from Helen, who uses it as an opportunity to deliver one of her patented transparently disingenuous pep talks to the new HoH. "Do not feel bad for your success. You’ve played an excellent game. If I were watching the show, I’d love you. You are such a bright girl, and you’re so humble. I am amazed by you. You have to realize you’re playing an excellent game." Aaryn sheepishly grins. Helen continues: "You are a flawless human being. You are capable of both flight and breathing underwater, without the assistance of scuba gear or gills. You should be so proud. The placement of your hand on someone’s shoulder cures them of all physical and psychological ailments. I adore you. The beauty and clarity of your spirit and voice allows people from all around the world to understand and appreciate you, regardless of their native language. You are a human Rosetta Stone."

Satisfied with her buttering up of Aaryn, Helen decides it’s Elissa’s turn to make nice before nominations. Elissa, however, feels negotiating with Aaryn is a waste of time. "I just want to go and have my husband tell me how much he loves me," Elissa whimpers. But what about the jury house? "If I am evicted, I will be home." The news that Elissa would rather quit the game and avoid having to participate on the jury takes Helen by surprise. Her voice wavering, Helen asks Elissa if that means she won’t be there to vote for Helen to win in the finals.

Helen, Helen, Helen. What are you thinking? While it’s understandable that Helen would be dismayed to learn that her closest ally is considering quitting the game, that’s no excuse for what amounts to one of the clumsiest, most poorly handled interactions in BB15 thus far (up there with Howard’s refusal to confess to The Moving Company’s existence). Rather than appealing to Elissa’s own self-interest as a way of convincing her to stay in the game, Helen inexplicably emphasizes the impact Elissa’s departure would have on Helen’s game, and reduces Elissa’s worth to her presence as a vote on the jury. Even worse, Helen again articulates this same rationale for several other houseguests in the HoH room, simultaneously revealing her own misguided belief that she has a shot at getting to the finals, and giving her fellow housemates yet another reason not to let her get there.

Trying to ease some of the tension, Spencer suggests that maybe Elissa is just having a bad day. GinaMarie erupts. A bad day?! "Did she DIE? Did she get run over by a TRUCK?" Quite an indictment coming from GinaMarie, the master of self-restraint and emotional stability, as she gently strokes a Ziploc baggie containing Nick’s tear-soaked toenail clippings.

Despite Helen’s obsequious flattery of Aaryn and Elissa’s flubbed attempt at reconciliation (sometimes a girl just needs a yoga mat, y’all), the inevitable ultimately ends up happening: Helen and Elissa are nominated. There would have been a time when these nominations would’ve upset me, but Helen lost my support when she changed from level-headed game-player to delusional "mastermind," and Elissa lost me during the whole one-piece bathing suit debacle with Amanda. That said, if there is anything the storytelling of BB15 has taught me, it’s that outsiders can become insiders overnight, and that the people we once loved to hate can become people we hate ourselves for loving. It’s good to be back!

• thxultra and jdskycaster like this
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#103 OFFLINE   thxultra

thxultra

Godfather

• Registered
  • 440 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:34 AM

Agree, an unwelcomed/unexpected romantic breakup is the bane of all Showmances. Wonder how Pizza Boy will take it? :dozey:

I just couldn't believe Helen fell for Pizza boys story that he wanted Amanda out. Seriously why would he want to back stab his biggest supporter. Was really schocked Helen fell for that. She is a lawyer I expect her to see these kinds of things especailly when they smack her in the face. Amanda has a crisis when she is on the block can't wait to see what she does if they ever get the courage to send her packing :)

#104 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,260 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:02 AM

I just couldn't believe Helen fell for Pizza boys story that he wanted Amanda out. Seriously why would he want to back stab his biggest supporter. Was really schocked Helen fell for that. She is a lawyer I expect her to see these kinds of things especailly when they smack her in the face. Amanda has a crisis when she is on the block can't wait to see what she does if they ever get the courage to send her packing :)

It's baffling.  Helen is not living in any kind of recognizable reality. At the end of the day, two plus two still equals four, no matter what twisted math she relies on.

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#105 OFFLINE   thxultra

thxultra

Godfather

• Registered
  • 440 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:46 PM

John Cochran of Survivor fame has written this piece for Entertainment Weekly.  I just have to share this with you:

'Survivor' winner John Cochran on this week's 'Big Brother'

by John Cochran on Aug 19, 2013 at 1:17PM

Storytelling on Big Brother – that is, the process by which the show’s editors and producers sift through thousands of hours of footage and assemble something resembling a coherent, satisfying narrative for every episode – really fascinates me. Most comparable reality shows, including Survivor and The Amazing Race, are filmed months in advance of being broadcast, with the outcome of the competition already known by production staff long before concrete storyboarding for the season takes place. Producers and editors of Big Brother are afforded no such luxury. Because Big Brother episodes are edited and put together contemporaneously with the filming of the show, BB production can’t be confident that the hero they present week one won’t be gone by week two, or that the villain they’ve shown in episode five won’t have transformed into a frontrunner by episode eleven. The result is a form of storytelling that can be frustrating, inconsistent, exciting, and dynamic, all at the same time.

I mean, at the beginning of this season, who would have predicted that McCrae – the lanky, goofy guy who fretted about not fitting in with the house – would be a part of the cast’s most enduring and powerful showmance? Or that Aaryn – the insensitive, hate-spewing outcast – would become a legitimate challenge beast and member of the dominant majority alliance? Or that Helen – who once seemed to be the only voice of reason and competent strategist – would turn out to be a tragically oblivious punchline? And let’s not forget GinaMarie, who’s courageously transitioned from referring to her housemates as "cock-a-roaches" to now calling them "Chihuahuas."

Amanda has also undergone something of a transformation, albeit one for the worse. The wisecracking real estate agent, who was once noteworthy for being one of the few houseguests able to step back and laugh at the absurdity of her surroundings, has herself become a part of the freakshow. When McCrae’s throwing of last week’s HoH competition still failed to assist his beloved in securing her first win, Amanda finds herself feeling a little down in the dumps. After chastising McCrae for not being sufficiently consoling, Amanda retreats to the storage room, where she sobs behind a garbage can. GinaMarie is not impressed by Amanda’s treatment of McCrae: "She’s just gonna ruin his life," she confides to Spencer, while putting the finishing touches on her Nick voodoo doll.

Aaryn’s HoH win triggers a very different reaction from Helen, who uses it as an opportunity to deliver one of her patented transparently disingenuous pep talks to the new HoH. "Do not feel bad for your success. You’ve played an excellent game. If I were watching the show, I’d love you. You are such a bright girl, and you’re so humble. I am amazed by you. You have to realize you’re playing an excellent game." Aaryn sheepishly grins. Helen continues: "You are a flawless human being. You are capable of both flight and breathing underwater, without the assistance of scuba gear or gills. You should be so proud. The placement of your hand on someone’s shoulder cures them of all physical and psychological ailments. I adore you. The beauty and clarity of your spirit and voice allows people from all around the world to understand and appreciate you, regardless of their native language. You are a human Rosetta Stone."

Satisfied with her buttering up of Aaryn, Helen decides it’s Elissa’s turn to make nice before nominations. Elissa, however, feels negotiating with Aaryn is a waste of time. "I just want to go and have my husband tell me how much he loves me," Elissa whimpers. But what about the jury house? "If I am evicted, I will be home." The news that Elissa would rather quit the game and avoid having to participate on the jury takes Helen by surprise. Her voice wavering, Helen asks Elissa if that means she won’t be there to vote for Helen to win in the finals.

Helen, Helen, Helen. What are you thinking? While it’s understandable that Helen would be dismayed to learn that her closest ally is considering quitting the game, that’s no excuse for what amounts to one of the clumsiest, most poorly handled interactions in BB15 thus far (up there with Howard’s refusal to confess to The Moving Company’s existence). Rather than appealing to Elissa’s own self-interest as a way of convincing her to stay in the game, Helen inexplicably emphasizes the impact Elissa’s departure would have on Helen’s game, and reduces Elissa’s worth to her presence as a vote on the jury. Even worse, Helen again articulates this same rationale for several other houseguests in the HoH room, simultaneously revealing her own misguided belief that she has a shot at getting to the finals, and giving her fellow housemates yet another reason not to let her get there.

Trying to ease some of the tension, Spencer suggests that maybe Elissa is just having a bad day. GinaMarie erupts. A bad day?! "Did she DIE? Did she get run over by a TRUCK?" Quite an indictment coming from GinaMarie, the master of self-restraint and emotional stability, as she gently strokes a Ziploc baggie containing Nick’s tear-soaked toenail clippings.

Despite Helen’s obsequious flattery of Aaryn and Elissa’s flubbed attempt at reconciliation (sometimes a girl just needs a yoga mat, y’all), the inevitable ultimately ends up happening: Helen and Elissa are nominated. There would have been a time when these nominations would’ve upset me, but Helen lost my support when she changed from level-headed game-player to delusional "mastermind," and Elissa lost me during the whole one-piece bathing suit debacle with Amanda. That said, if there is anything the storytelling of BB15 has taught me, it’s that outsiders can become insiders overnight, and that the people we once loved to hate can become people we hate ourselves for loving. It’s good to be back!

Great read thanks for Posting. He made some great points especailly about Aaryn. I wouldn't have ever seen her winning so many HOH comps at the beginning of the summer and look at what happened. It is interesting to watch vs the Uk one because the UK one is on daily. On the UK one they just go over the days events and don't really tell the show as a story so much like they do here. Kind of wonder if they do that to get around this issue. That way they can show how someone is part of the in crowd one day and the out crowd the next.

#106 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,260 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:07 PM

Great read thanks for Posting. He made some great points especailly about Aaryn. I wouldn't have ever seen her winning so many HOH comps at the beginning of the summer and look at what happened. It is interesting to watch vs the Uk one because the UK one is on daily. On the UK one they just go over the days events and don't really tell the show as a story so much like they do here. Kind of wonder if they do that to get around this issue. That way they can show how someone is part of the in crowd one day and the out crowd the next.

He had me in stitches when he talked about GM. You should read the many, many comments he got from the EW readers. Here's the link  to it.

True, so true ...you never know who's going to become a challenge powerhouse. I would have never picked Aaryn as four-time HoH'er, and who knows how many more.

Also, do you know when BBUK starts up a new season?  I think I'm going to follow your lead and start watching it.

• thxultra and sigma1914 like this
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#107 OFFLINE   thxultra

thxultra

Godfather

• Registered
  • 440 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

He had me in stitches when he talked about GM. You should read the many, many comments he got from the EW readers. Here's the link  to it.

True, so true ...you never know who's going to become a challenge powerhouse. I would have never picked Aaryn as four-time HoH'er, and who knows how many more.

Also, do you know when BBUK starts up a new season?  I think I'm going to follow your lead and start watching it.

They have a celeb BBUK starting up on thursday!!! Those are useually great also. It is on youtube... BB Australia is going on now also but I like the uk one better. Only watched a few of those.

Loved it when Cockren made fun of GM. It is always great to hear what she will say next. Almost as good as Jeff's Technotronix a few years ago :) Going to check out that link bet those comments are great!!

#108 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,260 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:40 PM

They have a celeb BBUK starting up on thursday!!! Those are useually great also. It is on youtube... BB Australia is going on now also but I like the uk one better. Only watched a few of those.

Loved it when Cockren made fun of GM. It is always great to hear what she will say next. Almost as good as Jeff's Technotronix a few years ago :) Going to check out that link bet those comments are great!!

Thanks for the BBUK info, ultra.

Yeah, give those comments a read ... they are a hoot, especially when they target Amanda and GM!  !rolling

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#109 OFFLINE   jdskycaster

jdskycaster

Legend

• Registered
  • 272 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:52 PM

Excellent post Henry.  Some great insight from Cochran.  He was fun to watch on Survivor.  He hit it on the head and some great GM humor in there.

#110 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,260 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:59 AM

Excellent post Henry.  Some great insight from Cochran.  He was fun to watch on Survivor.  He hit it on the head and some great GM humor in there.

Glad you liked it.  I was not a great fan of his during Survivor, but this is one side of him I like and welcome.

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#111 OFFLINE   thxultra

thxultra

Godfather

• Registered
  • 440 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:37 PM

Thanks for the BBUK info, ultra.

Yeah, give those comments a read ... they are a hoot, especially when they target Amanda and GM!  !rolling

hahaha ya love the GM comments. It is amazing to me that she puts her underwear on the right way sometimes. She is a special one for sure.

• Henry likes this

#112 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,260 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:32 PM

It's enough to make you sick. Does Helen really think anyone believes this crap? ...

--------------------

2:43PM BBT Yesterday

Helen: "I love the way you play this game, Amanda, and if I was watching this game and not playing I would love the way you are playing this game you are awesome at this game."

Helen says, "I will talk to McCrae separately." Amanda says with tears in her eyes, "I completely love McCrae and my drive isn't for this game it is for him."

Helen: "I know I only have a couple of days here and I want it to be good I want to hang out with you and McCrae and Andy I don't want it to be bad because I love this game and it is like my dream to be here. I won't talk bad about you in jury or anything."

--------------------

!pusht! 

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#113 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,260 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:57 PM

--------------------

‘Big Brother’ Texan not only bigoted, but a gutless bore

By Jeanne Jakle : Wednesday, August 21, 2013

"Big Brother" has become an even bigger bore.

Texas State University student Aaryn Gries may be a bigot, but she had the chance to at least redeem herself as a strong player of the game.

For a minute, Gries entertained a move that would win her favor amid "Big Brother" fans, increase her chances of winning the $500,000 and, best of all, liven up the show for the yawning viewer.

Gries considered replacing eviction candidate Elissa Slater – who won the veto competition and saved herself from the block — with Amanda Zuckerman, the house bully who has been the mastermind behind every boot for weeks.

That nomination – and potential eviction – also would have split up the only couple left in the house, Zuckerman and her love puppy McCrae Olson, who, at this rate, look to be going to the end together to share the spoils.

But no, Gries, admitting she’s afraid of Amanda, decided to go with the dull status quo – and nominated railroad conductor Spencer Clawson for the umpteenth time.

Of course, the real target — as dictated by Amanda – is Clawson’s partner on the block this week: previously strong player Helen Kim. It’ll be Kim getting the heave-ho during the live eviction show Thursday night — I guarantee it.

Of course, as we in the audience know, Kim’s exit may be short-lived. In a twist that the house isn’t privy to, the last four evictees – Kim, San Antonio’s Jessie Kowalski, Candace Stewart and Judd Daugherty – will compete for the chance to re-enter the house.

No matter who wins, it can’t be good for Amanda, who made it obvious that she was the evil mastermind behind all four boots.

The best scenario? That comeback kid goes on to win next week’s head of household, puts both Amanda and McCrae on the block, and actually – at long last – makes this show somewhat bearable to watch.

--------------------

Source

• thxultra likes this
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#114 OFFLINE   jdskycaster

jdskycaster

Legend

• Registered
  • 272 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:28 PM

I have read several articles about Amanda and they all underestimate her ability to play the game given this years cast.  Like her or hate her she has done a great job manipulating this very young bunch of contestants.  If the producers are unhappy with the results they should have brought in a more savvy (read mature) group of contestants.  Aaryn is a 23 year old college student with a very narrow view of life.  Sure she can win challenges but is everyone that surprised she is so easily persuaded to do someone else's bidding?  I'm not.  But then I am not in my 20's anymore.

The producers always have a way to shape the game.  This week it will be the returning jury member out for revenge.  It will be interesting to see if they can create a challenge geared toward Elissa's strength (athleticism) much in the same way as the veto challenge was this week.  If so, she is a shoe-in to win HOH and a guarantee that the power couple get's put on the block. 

#115 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,260 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:59 PM

I have read several articles about Amanda and they all underestimate her ability to play the game given this years cast.  Like her or hate her she has done a great job manipulating this very young bunch of contestants.  If the producers are unhappy with the results they should have brought in a more savvy (read mature) group of contestants.  Aaryn is a 23 year old college student with a very narrow view of life.  Sure she can win challenges but is everyone that surprised she is so easily persuaded to do someone else's bidding?  I'm not.  But then I am not in my 20's anymore.

The producers always have a way to shape the game.  This week it will be the returning jury member out for revenge.  It will be interesting to see if they can create a challenge geared toward Elissa's strength (athleticism) much in the same way as the veto challenge was this week.  If so, she is a shoe-in to win HOH and a guarantee that the power couple get's put on the block. 

That's true, they all seem to underestimate Amanda's ability to play the game.  But I think that's out of sheer dislike for the girl. I very much dislike her too, and for the reasons already stated.  Can she play the game? Yes.  Do I have to like her? No.  Last night she arrogantly said to the camera that she always gets what she wants. She followed this with a sneer.  Now, if she is so willing to antagonize her audience, the least we can do is dislike her. 

Aaryn is a spoiled rich kid ... 'nuff said.

I agree with everything in your closing paragraph.

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#116 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,985 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:05 PM

I really liked Amanda at first because she was so sarcastic in the DR. I've changed lol.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#117 OFFLINE   thxultra

thxultra

Godfather

• Registered
  • 440 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:05 PM

That's true, they all seem to underestimate Amanda's ability to play the game.  But I think that's out of sheer dislike for the girl. I very much dislike her too, and for the reasons already stated.  Can she play the game? Yes.  Do I have to like her? No.  Last night she arrogantly said to the camera that she always gets what she wants. She followed this with a sneer.  Now, if she is so willing to antagonize her audience, the least we can do is dislike her. 

Aaryn is a spoiled rich kid ... 'nuff said.

I agree with everything in your closing paragraph.

Watching Elissia fly by Helen in the Veto challange was classic I must say. I agree production really manulipulates the game and would they come up with some new challanges already. So sick of the same old challanges. Have to admit Amanda has been genious at getting the house scared of her and wrapped around her finger. She has everyone walking on egg shells worried about making her mad. Can't believe no one has the guts to put her and McCare up. Can't stand her but have to give her credit she controls that whole house except Elissia.

#118 OFFLINE   jdskycaster

jdskycaster

Legend

• Registered
  • 272 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:37 PM

Elissa is in amazing shape.  She has taken some shots for her addiction to yoga but it is pretty hard to argue with the results!  If the next HOH requires strength and agility she should dominate the remaining players including anyone that has the potential to come back in from the jury house.

The show may seem boring to some but for me it still keeps me tuning in to see how this all shakes out. 

• Henry likes this

#119 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,260 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

Watching Elissia fly by Helen in the Veto challange was classic I must say. I agree production really manulipulates the game and would they come up with some new challanges already. So sick of the same old challanges. Have to admit Amanda has been genious at getting the house scared of her and wrapped around her finger. She has everyone walking on egg shells worried about making her mad. Can't believe no one has the guts to put her and McCare up. Can't stand her but have to give her credit she controls that whole house except Elissia.

Makes me wonder what Elissa's game would have been had she never run into Helen, thus playing her game instead. I see a little of Rachel in her from time-to-time, but I don't know if that's bad or good. We still have some time left so maybe the answer is forthcoming. 

I think Amanda had a great following early on ... of course, she lost it for being manipulative, conniving, selfish, abusive and intimidating ... all without having won a thing or having put anyone's blood on her hands. Her delusion goes as far as to think she'll win America's Favorite Player ... to her it's a matter of course. Had she not shown herself to us, I think she'd be right up there with the other BB greats. But she did show herself. And for that the only thing I see in her future is notoriety.

I hope the Jury member re-entering the game makes enough of a difference to knock her and Pizza Boy off their self-proclaimed throne.

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#120 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,260 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:51 PM

Elissa is in amazing shape.  She has taken some shots for her addiction to yoga but it is pretty hard to argue with the results!  If the next HOH requires strength and agility she should dominate the remaining players including anyone that has the potential to come back in from the jury house.

The show may seem boring to some but for me it still keeps me tuning in to see how this all shakes out. 

You speak for a lot of us.

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...