Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Dish Anywhere needs resume capability for Hopper recordings

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   LtMunst

LtMunst

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:10 AM

I love using the Dish Anywhere app (Iphone/Android) with my Hopper/sling.  The one major complaint I have, however, is that there is no "Resume" option when selecting DVR recordings.  Anytime you select a recorded program to play...you have one choice...the beginning.  This is particularly annoying when a playback is stopped by a communication error.  The occasional playback error would not bother me if not for the fact that whenever it happens, I have to restart the recording from the beginning and try to fast forward to where I left off.

Hopefully Dish will incorporate the ability to resume recordings in a future software release.

Hopper, Hopper w/Sling, Joey x2

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:41 AM

When I select a recording I previously viewed on my iPhone, I have the option of Resume on iPhone.  Please let me know if you need further assistance.  Thanks.

I love using the Dish Anywhere app (Iphone/Android) with my Hopper/sling.  The one major complaint I have, however, is that there is no "Resume" option when selecting DVR recordings.  Anytime you select a recorded program to play...you have one choice...the beginning.  This is particularly annoying when a playback is stopped by a communication error.  The occasional playback error would not bother me if not for the fact that whenever it happens, I have to restart the recording from the beginning and try to fast forward to where I left off.

Hopefully Dish will incorporate the ability to resume recordings in a future software release.

#3 OFFLINE   LtMunst

LtMunst

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

When I select a recording I previously viewed on my iPhone, I have the option of Resume on iPhone.  Please let me know if you need further assistance.  Thanks.

Yes, I have discovered this is true if the user purposely stops a recording and then goes back to it later.  However, if a playing recording gets interrupted for whatever reason (slow wifi, communication error, etc), the software does not set a resume point.

Hopper, Hopper w/Sling, Joey x2

#4 OFFLINE   RWar24

RWar24

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:56 PM

I'm not sure that it's just a Dish Anywhere issue.  I've experienced basically the same issue when you start watching a show that is currently being recorded.  You can watch part of the show, stop it, and go back to live TV.  Then later on if you go back to the recorded show that you started watching earlier, your only option is to start it from the beginning.  There isn't a 'Resume' option.  Just like it was explained above.

• 4HiMarks likes this
Toshiba - 40RV525U
Hopper/2 Joey Setup with HIC

#5 OFFLINE   4HiMarks

4HiMarks

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationLaurel, MD

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:11 AM

I'm not sure that it's just a Dish Anywhere issue.  I've experienced basically the same issue when you start watching a show that is currently being recorded.  You can watch part of the show, stop it, and go back to live TV.  Then later on if you go back to the recorded show that you started watching earlier, your only option is to start it from the beginning.  There isn't a 'Resume' option.  Just like it was explained above.

This.

It has been an issue with Dish DVRs at least as far back as the 622. I know it is technologically possible because my FiOS box does it. That is the only advantage it has over the Hopper.

Dish subscriber since 2000, HD since 2004.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...