Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DishPASS from search getting duplicates

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   KSbugeater

KSbugeater

Godfather

• Registered
  • 309 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:29 AM

I apologize if this has been asked before, but I did a searches for several different terms and didn't find an answer.

My parents have a 722.  My dad would like a DishPASS (DirecTV would call it a search autorecord) that will find and record all Kansas City Royals games.  We set up a search for Royals and baseball, and it does get the games (the games can appear on several different channels in the 400 range), but it records the game twice simultaneously: once in the 400s, and once in the 9000 range.  Fairly annoying.  I did lock most of the 9000 channels after that. 

Is there a way to specify which channels to search from?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:47 PM

Dish Pass is a PITA, just click on a game on your RSN channel and it will record only that channel, you can have it record all new occurances on that channel.

One problem with trying to record the HD version of Pro games on Dish's RSNs is that the signal on the channel is not turned on until the show time and if your DVR starts one second before that signal is turned on, it sees an empty channel and will not switch or pick up the HD broadcast when it begins.

Never allow the DVR to record an HD RSN show by starting 1 or more minutes early or you will get several hours of blank screen or at best that stupid Dish logo and elevator music.
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#3 OFFLINE   KSbugeater

KSbugeater

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 309 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:56 AM

But the Royals, being on Fox Sports KC and not the full-time RSN FS Midwest, can appear on one of 7 or 8 RSN Alternate channels.  Using your method would mean he'd have to set a recording every time they appear on a new channel, thus having to babysit the timer.  The DishPass is fine except for the duplicates in the 9000s.  Are there no other folks who've experienced this?  Cincy and Milwaukee are not full time...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...