Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

Under The Dome

• Please log in to reply
462 replies to this topic

#451 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,123 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:18 PM

I've unsubbed the series, but will follow this thread with interest!

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#452 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,672 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:53 PM

The preview of upcoming episodes at the end of this week's episode was more interesting than this week's show ... as if it was some sort of "promise" by the show --- stick with us, the show may be dragging today but we're going somewhere with it. We promise!

Of course, everything since they exited the cocoons could be yet another fantasy. Or an alternate reality. Or Fonz jumping a shark.

I would not trust anything you see outside of the doom, from inside the doom at this point.

DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-700, Bsm: HR24-100, Den HR24-200, MB: HR24-500, Kit: H25-500
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#453 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,488 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:16 AM

The preview of upcoming episodes at the end of this week's episode was more interesting than this week's show ... as if it was some sort of "promise" by the show --- stick with us, the show may be dragging today but we're going somewhere with it. We promise!

Of course, everything since they exited the cocoons could be yet another fantasy. Or an alternate reality. Or Fonz jumping a shark.

It has to be a fantasy. The recovery rate from injuries like shootings, punctures, beatings, ect. is unbelievable.

DIRECTV customer since 1995.

#454 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 41,913 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 18 July 2015 - 10:53 AM

It has to be a fantasy. The recovery rate from injuries like shootings, punctures, beatings, ect. is unbelievable.

Residual effects from the cocoons and super goo may help heeling ... but considering that all the events we have seen since the dome came down have happened in the past three weeks in Chester Mills there is a remarkable recovery rate. 31 episodes (so far) covering three weeks of life? If "real life" recovery rates were used months should have passed. Suspension of belief is needed to allow any enjoyment of the series to continue.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#455 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:12 PM

Normally it is suspension of dis-belief that allows viewers to accept the drama.

But that is often a bridge too far. I liked this show in season one, but immediately in season two it jumped the shark. I stopped watching, but saved the shows. The reason I am here is because I saw people saying it was getting good again, so I tried to jump back in. After 5 WTF's out loud in dis-belief of how the characters were acting, at the 40 minute mark I finally had to jump out. I like these characters, but it is hard to not start dis-liking them when the writers have them acting so brainless.

This seems like the far too common situation of talented writers leaving to be replaced by untalented writers, or talented writers with nothing left in the tank.

As they said in GOT, "Shame! (ding ding ding) Shame! (ding ding ding) Shame! (ding ding ding)"

It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

#456 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,123 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:08 PM

Normally it is suspension of dis-belief that allows viewers to accept the drama.

Yes, that's the normal phrase, but it's odd, as both phrases seem to work fine. 

#457 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,938 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:23 PM

Most recent episode seems to finally be tying up some of the craziness that has been going on. Might be too little, too late from the sound of it. :lol:
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#458 OFFLINE   prushing

prushing

Icon

• Registered
  • 911 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:51 AM

I noticed that too. It's like they realized hey we really screwed up with these first few episodes, but we are getting the story back on track. Don't tune out now, just wait. Now if they don't deliver in tonight's episode like they previewed, then I may stop watching.

Sent from my KFTHWI

#459 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,123 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 08:54 AM

Soooooo- what's the verdict??

#460 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 23,363 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 26 July 2015 - 11:01 AM

Soooooo- what's the verdict??

Just a guess, but I doubt there will be more seasons of this show.

Rich

#461 OFFLINE   longrider

longrider

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,594 posts
  • LocationElizabeth, CO

Posted 26 July 2015 - 11:44 AM

I agree that this is probably the last season but it could get interesting the way the story line is developing

Spoiler

My Setup

#462 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,938 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 26 July 2015 - 06:53 PM

Just a guess, but I doubt there will be more seasons of this show.

Rich

Ha .. that's novel. :lol:

Yeah, this episode is actually the first one that I couldn't watch all of it.  Lots of fast forwarding.

I am looking forward to the new story arc, though.  This one ran really dry.  I'd rather they do less episodes than add extra drivel.

DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#463 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 41,913 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:52 PM

I noticed that in one scene this week a person guarding a prisoner was reading a Stephen King book.
StephenKing-Christine.jpg

Probably the best part of the episode. :(

At least we got to see the creation of the dome and mini-dome in the latest episode.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...