Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

Under The Dome

• Please log in to reply
437 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:59 AM

Watched it.  It's ok, I guess.  Two or three more eps will tell the story.

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#42 OFFLINE   pablo

pablo

Icon

• Registered
  • 905 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:34 AM

King on the topic of book vs. TV series: http://www.stephenki...-changes-in-UTD

#43 OFFLINE   gilviv

gilviv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 359 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:18 AM

Liked it! Confusion about the waitress/Candy stripper(guess she's both) other than that, liked it, hope CBS keeps it around unlike "Jericho" :nono2: .

DirecTV since July 2006, WholeHome & HDDVR Service
Slimline5 SWM-LNB Dish to:
3x HR24/100s #1 w/AM21N via HDMI to LG 42LH90/240hz Full LED, #2 w/AM21N & #3 both via HDMI to 2-LG 32LK330/60hz LCDs
1x HR23/700 via HDMI> Sharp 26" LCD

#44 OFFLINE   renbutler

renbutler

Godfather

• Registered
  • 506 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

Liked it! Confusion about the waitress/Candy stripper ...

I must have missed that part. :eek2:

:righton:

#45 OFFLINE   toobs

toobs

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 447 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:59 AM

Watched it.  It's ok, I guess.  Two or three more eps will tell the story.

I haven't watched it yet.  I'm waiting to record a few more and than start watching it.

#46 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:40 PM

I haven't watched it yet.  I'm waiting to record a few more and than start watching it.

That's a good plan, toobs.  It's not bad ... and maybe the continuity of having two or three episodes in the can will help you enjoy it more.

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#47 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,328 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:57 PM

Liked it! Confusion about the waitress/Candy stripper ...

I must have missed that part. :eek2:

:righton:

There was a waitress who started out naked and put on her uniform. Just watch in reverse. :)
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#48 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,513 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:03 PM

There was a waitress who started out naked and put on her uniform. Just watch in reverse. :)

You just gave away a spoiler  :rotfl:

Joking  :righton:

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play

#49 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,550 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

I surprisingly liked it.  I didn't expect to.  Looking forward to more summer entertainment!

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#50 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,376 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:22 PM

Missed recording it tonight, anybody know if there's any repeat showings?

VOD, crumby resolution and no FF, but it beats the alternative.

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#51 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,362 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:57 PM

Two eps in, I'm not impressed. The 'dome' is a gimmick that will grow old fast; the writing is bush league and some of the actor's deliveries are reminiscent of a high school play. Even the fire scene, which should have been tense and exciting was amateurish. Finally, the girl being locked in the fallout shelter seems to be an afterthought, but it's not working, at least not for me. Sadly, the best part of the show is the cow, but I don't think it's going very far. :rolleyes:

"The Dome" is far too predictable -- far below CBS' usual high standards for drama.

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#52 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,376 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:08 PM

I can't disagree, but I'll go another ep or two at least. 

Did anyone think to watch where the smoke went when the house was burning? Nooooooo.

In the plane crash (first ep) virtually all pieces of the light plane were burning, even the bits hanging in the tree. Not impossible to ignite the fuel in a crash, of course, but every single fragment??

The girl in the fallout shelter could be in any drama, and exist entirely without the dome. Even though it's trite, I do wonder: What will happen with her? 

#53 OFFLINE   longrider

longrider

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,289 posts
  • LocationElizabeth, CO

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:19 PM

Its not the greatest but I ma not giving up yet.  I do want to see where they go with the mystery of what do the city councilman, priest, and (now dead) police officer all know or do which seems to be tied in to the dome?

My Setup

#54 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,376 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:35 PM

I'm curious, too, about the massive stockpiling of propane.  Anyone got a theory??

Gives new meaning to the phrase, 
"Now we're cooking with gas." !

#55 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,130 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

It's funny to me when people question reality for shows not even realistic.It's a freaking dome, not real, and a work of fiction. Suspend reality and try enjoying the show.

As for Nick saying the dome is a gimmick... Well, yeah and it's the premise of the series.

• tnd777 likes this
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#56 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,376 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:59 PM

Not questioning the "reality" of the dome at all. The dome can do what it wants. Note I haven't mentioned the bloody hand print on the force field! I'm not even thinking about it at all! Really, completely gone from my consciousness! 

i like noting and questioning the verity of physics as depicted in the show, as I do with other shows whether wholly, partially or not at all based in reality. Some people do this well, others don't notice, with all manner of in between takes. 

Now, who has a theory on the propane!? 

#57 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,376 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:03 PM

It's funny to me when people question reality for shows not even realistic.It's a freaking dome, not real, and a work of fiction. Suspend reality and try enjoying the show.

I believe a show can be based on an impossible theory, but it must be true to that theory, and that external happenings are pretty much true to real life. 

Perhaps there are exceptions in some very well made films? 

#58 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,859 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:03 PM

Not questioning the "reality" of the dome at all. The dome can do what it wants. Note I haven't mentioned the bloody hand print on the force field! I'm not even thinking about it at all! Really, completely gone from my consciousness! 

i like noting and questioning the verity of physics as depicted in the show, as I do with other shows whether wholly, partially or not at all based in reality. Some people do this well, others don't notice, with all manner of in between takes. 

Dis you notice that the line that cut the cow in half was almost non existent and the line going thru buildings and the woods was about 2 feet wide ?

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#59 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,376 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:21 PM

Dis you notice that the line that cut the cow in half was almost non existent and the line going thru buildings and the woods was about 2 feet wide ?

Yes, sure did, but it didn't bother me, as that was just a detail in CGI (as well as a sometimes crooked line), unlike the plane crash, where they took pains to add details that aren't realistic.

OK?! Now, back to the propane- anyone got a theory? 

Or a theory on who/what is causing the force field? 

No longer, "how high the moon", but "How high the dome!".....

#60 OFFLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,834 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:24 PM

Where's Hank Hill when you need him? :smoking:

Space aliens that breathe propane?

Don "or a real flash in the dome final episode" Bolton

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...