Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Pioneer Elite Dialog Settings

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   John Silver

John Silver

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:00 AM

Every time I power up my VSX-53, in order to hear dialog, I must adjust "Dialog Enhance" using my Android's VSX Remote app or the iControlAV2 app.

I'm using Advanced MCACC, subwoofer, all speakers to small with a 100 hz crossover and the sound is great, except for the dialog, which is too low to hear.

After adjusting with either of the apps mentioned above, all is well but the setting goes back to neutral when the receiver's power is cycled.  Anyone know of a way to permanently adjust Dialog Enhance?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,847 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:53 AM

Look at page 50 of your manual. That has several settings that appear to be able to change. The default setting is to OFF. I believe that page tells how to change the default setting.

Here is a link to the PDF manual at Pioneer.

http://www.pioneerel...tions051911.pdf

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#3 OFFLINE   John Silver

John Silver

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:57 PM

Look at page 50 of your manual....

Thank you Jimmie.  It appears it is only adjustable from the remote control when you're in specific sound settings (THX, Pro Logic, Etc.) but not many at all.  Also, it requires front height speakers to be installed.  I told it I did, and adjusted the Dialog, but unfortunately, in all cases, it resets when power is cycled.

#4 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,847 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

Sorry that it did not work.

Just a thought,

Have you checked to see if there is a firmware update for the receiver and installed it ?

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#5 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,847 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

Take a look at page 51 at the C Image and C Width and see if they will get you where you want to go.

You might try the C Width set to Zero and / or the C Image set to Ten.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...