Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hmmm, what's on ESPN2 right now, DirecTV?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Spring Rubber

Spring Rubber

AllStar

• Registered
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:45 PM

uPjbYYJl.jpg

Turns out that the SD channel has the right data. The HD channel's data is completely wrong. I tried rebooting the receiver to see if I could get new, corrected data, but no dice. The data is incorrect throughout the rest of the day; they seem to come in sync with each other at 11 PM CDT.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   boukengreen

boukengreen

Legend

• Registered
  • 350 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:11 PM

the college baseball was an if ncessary game

There are some things arrows can't kill, for everything else there's Master Sword.

#3 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

The guide data comes Tribune Media Services

DIRECTV employee

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#4 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,833 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:52 AM

Yesterday I had mine set to record the NHRA drag racing on 209hd. The guide said it was there ( It is usually there ). I was previously watching the Nationwide racing that I was recording. I heard them say something about a channel change but did not pay too much attention to it. I called up my playlist and started to play the drag racing. It said it was recording it but it was something totally different.

I then called up the guide and it also showed that drag racing was on 206HD. I switched to there and there was the drag racing.

Games being played there by ESPN I think.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#5 OFFLINE   sangs

sangs

AllStar

• Registered
  • 300 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:30 AM

Yesterday I had mine set to record the NHRA drag racing on 209hd. The guide said it was there ( It is usually there ). I was previously watching the Nationwide racing that I was recording. I heard them say something about a channel change but did not pay too much attention to it. I called up my playlist and started to play the drag racing. It said it was recording it but it was something totally different.

I then called up the guide and it also showed that drag racing was on 206HD. I switched to there and there was the drag racing.

Games being played there by ESPN I think.

I was watching a 30-30 documentary about Bo Jackson on ESPN2 last night and the crawl below it kept saying that the NHRA Drag Racing was now airing on ESPN, so I think you're right about "games being played there by ESPN."

#6 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:27 AM

The ESPN channels guide info is frequently messed up. You can't depend on them at all, and none of this is under Directv's control in any way.

#7 OFFLINE   Dude111

Dude111

Legend

• Registered
  • 506 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:48 PM

I think its stupid they leave the inactive channels in the guide saying "To be announced" -- Thats another reason I dont want to lose my box! (Those channels arent there UNLESS SOMETHING IS ON THEM)

#8 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,130 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:35 PM

I think its stupid they leave the inactive channels in the guide saying "To be announced" -- Thats another reason I dont want to lose my box! (Those channels arent there UNLESS SOMETHING IS ON THEM)

Tell that to fans of the Brewers, Bucks, Royals, Pacers, Sabres, Predators, Grizzlies, Thunder, Hurricanes, Bobcats and other teams where the games only appear on RSN alternates, Big Ten football fans, or anyone who lives in a city that frequently uses RSN overflow channels like MSG2, FS Detroit Plus, MASN2, NESN Plus, etc. On the old system those channels would disappear until the channel was live for the pregame, which was a nightmare, especially before DirecTV reorganized the 600s and many of these RSN alternates and overflows didn't have dedicated channel numbers so the game was on a different channel every night and you couldn't even use the reminder feature. If you were going out, or it was a day game while you were at work, setting a VCR recording was impossible since the channel wasn't even in the guide.

Edited by KyL416, 23 June 2013 - 11:47 PM.

#9 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,198 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:54 AM

Its easy to not see them if you don't want to when you know nothing is going to be on them that you want to watch, just create a favorites list without them.  And switch to channels I get when you need to check them. Simple.

I think its great they leave everything in so you have an idea where stuff might show up if you know there is a reason for it to be on a alt channel.  With that said, I'd love to see Directv get into a contract with all broadcasters that also let them create an additional set of channels in the 2000's that where team based, so if a team was on the air, then you would simply go to that channel, and you'd get the game no matter what channel was broadcasting the game.  You'd get the local home team version first, then the national version, then the away teams broadcast, in that order of priority based on which was actually available to you.

#10 OFFLINE   Dude111

Dude111

Legend

• Registered
  • 506 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:31 PM

Ahhh i dunno...... Seems like un-needed clutter in the guide!

#11 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,304 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:02 PM

Turns out that the SD channel has the right data. The HD channel's data is completely wrong. I tried rebooting the receiver to see if I could get new, corrected data, but no dice. The data is incorrect throughout the rest of the day; they seem to come in sync with each other at 11 PM CDT.

To flush the Guide, you do two resets within 30 minutes. That still cannot fix everything, as SR noted, the Guide comes from TMS. For the most part, they do all right, but GIGO happens some times. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...