Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Viewing HR21 recordings on HR44???

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   needsleepido

needsleepido

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:44 PM

I just got the HR44 installed today.  It is connected to my HR21 which I already had and have recordings stored on.  I pulled up the HR44 playlist and the HR21 recordings are there.  I played one of the HD recordings and it played well for about one minute then the video became erratic with no audio.  If I pause it for 10 or so seconds it will start playing again for less than a minute and then become erratic with no audio. 

I did a test recording the NASCAR race on ESPN with the HR44 and then play it on the HR21.  It did this with no problem.

When I ordered the HR44 earlier in the week the CSR said that I would be able to watch HR44 recordings on the HR21 but not HR21 recordings on the HR44.  This is kinda what I'm seeing.  But the installer said that I should be able to watch both playlists on either box.  So what is the real story?  Is this the way it is or is something wrong?  Many thanks guys.....

Edited by needsleepido, 22 June 2013 - 04:45 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,662 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:07 PM

Yes, you should be able to watch any playlist on either HDDVR. Have you tried doing a system "wide" reset?

also tells us about your set up
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#3 OFFLINE   needsleepido

needsleepido

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

All I have is an HR44 and an HR21 (upgraded from a HR21 & H20).  The installer added a new LNB to the dish and I now have a SWiM.  He did have to add a longer run of coax to the ground at my electric box and back (the previous DirecTV installers in the past 10 years of my being a customer never grounded the system). 

I'll reset both boxes tonight before bedtime.  Is there a certain order that this needs to be done?

#4 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,113 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:05 AM

I would unplug all the receivers and the power supply for the lnb, wait ten mins, plug in the power supply for the lnb, wait another five minutes, then plug both boxes back in. If that doesn't work report back, and we can see if we can give you some more troubleshooting tips. All hrs will play back to all other hrs. Been doing it with my genies and hr2xs for ages now.

One other question though, do you have an am21 and are these over the air recordings off the am21?

#5 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,681 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:51 AM

Be absolutely certain to keep after DIRECTV to make this right as you should have a 30 day window.

The CSR was fibbing about the HR21 -> HR44 not being available.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

Protected By... spam firewall...And...