Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Empty recording--searching for satellite signal

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker

Legend

• Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:05 PM

I have two HR24-500's in my equipment rack. This evening, I was recording The Killing on AMC Ch254. About halfway through the recording, I decided to start watching it. After I pressed Play, I immediately was prompted with the choice of saving or deleting the program. I thought this was peculiar, since the record light was still on. So, I tuned to Ch254, and received the "Searching for satellite signal..." message.

I went into the Menu and checked the signal strength for that satellite, and it was 95%. I flipped over to the other HR24-500, tuned to Ch254, and was able to view the signal just fine--no noise, interference, just a nice, pure signal. I went back to the first HR24-500, and was still getting the "Searching for satellite..." message. Finally, I ran a System Test, which finished with an "Everything OK" result. However, after running the system test, Ch254 was now appearing just fine!

Is there a cause for this type of behavior? I ask, because if I am not vigilant, this issue can result in a missed episode. Thank goodness for cable TV--every episode is usually repeated at least 10 times!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,979 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:05 PM

Sounds like you got hit by a glitch. if it happens again I'd pull the power on the HR24s and the power supply for the swim, then after ten minutes, plug the swim back in, and then after another ten minuets plug the receivers back in. That would give your whole system a nice reset.

#3 OFFLINE   shedberg

shedberg

Icon

• Registered
  • 513 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:27 AM

I have seen this type of behavior when an LNB was going bad.

#4 OFFLINE   JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:12 PM

OK, I'll see if it occurs again. BTW, if it were a bad LNB, would it not affect all three of my DVR's?

spam firewall