Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 playback freezes when playing on delay from LB

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TallShip

TallShip

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:59 PM

About two weeks ago I started having the problem mentioned in the title.  During the day I may turn on the TV and find the HR34 is tuned to CNN.  So maybe I back it up a bit to see the news at the top of the hour.  I have been doing this for years.  A couple of weeks ago the HR34 began to spontaneously stop playback, as if I had hit pause.  However, hitting play on the remote does not get it going again - I have to fast forward briefly, then hit play, and then maybe everything works for another 10-15 minutes before freezing up again.  I restarted the receiver, but this problem did not go away.

Probably this has nothing to do with CNN, but I have not yet noticed this occurring on other channels, but it is less frequent that I am playing other channels on delay..  I am not aware of this happening on any of our HR24s.

Anyone else seeing this?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   bflora

bflora

Legend

• Registered
  • 132 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:14 PM

I have found similar problems when going back in time on a live broadcast and recently those symptoms have occurred when watching recordings especially if the recording had pixelation as ESPN had this weekend and American Pickers from History Channel recorded last week.

#3 OFFLINE   mabellboi

mabellboi

Mentor

• Registered
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

I too am now seeing this problem. I thought it may have been the hd being to full (at 54% free) so I erased damn near everything and it STILL is freezing. I notice it is happening on just about ANY recording, from ANY channel! The really weird thing is, the H23 I have in my bedroom does NOT freeze when I'm watching a recording from the hr34. It's really driving me nuts!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...