Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Mad Men: "In Care Of" OAD 6/23/13 ***SPOILERS***

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,920 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

I'm also a bit incredulous.... But it's better than not having more eps.

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   gpg

gpg

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,736 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

Clearly AMC is going to use Mad Men as leverage for whatever carriage contract renewals it has in 2015.
HR24-200,HR23-700,HR21-200, HR21-100, HR34-700,
Sony KDS-R50XBR1,HDMI, LG 37LH40,HDMI Vizio 390-A1,HDMI,Sony KDL-40NX711, HDMI, Vizio VO320E, HDMI, SWM16 with DECA,
Sony STR-DG1000 AV Receiver optical cable connection for HR24-200, GenieGo

#23 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

Weiner is the laziest ******* on Earth! This show has been so delayed and kicked around over the years you need a program to remember anything about it every time it comes back! No flow, no emotional connection. Just..."Uhhh...why did she just call that guy Dick? I thought his name was Don!" Sigh.

Edited by Maruuk, 17 September 2013 - 06:46 PM.

#24 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,317 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

Taking longer than (not then) expected to construct that elevator shaft for the final scene.

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#25 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,920 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

Then (not than) why can't we have people falling or jumping out of buildings? Much easier than indoor shots.... :)

#26 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

The problem is I've now got to be sure to live long enough to see the last episode and write a review. :contract:

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#27 OFFLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,002 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:01 AM

phrelin,

I just saw an interview with Jon Hamm on Fergusom's show and they showed a clip from last season.

It has been so long since that show has been on my list. Now I think I have lost continuity.

Are you up for a recap to help us get ready for the new season? I mean just to ready those of us for the story lines that are coming out of last season.

Like that 1-2 minutes they run at the beginning of new shows, but with your opinions to help get a bit deeper and to keep the story lines .

The problem is I've now got to be sure to live long enough to see the last episode and write a review. :contract:

#28 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,643 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:33 AM

The New York Times reviewer apparently wasn't thrilled with the first episode:

A series that was so original, fresh and authoritative when it began in 2007 has stayed on television beyond its creative peak.

The season premiere seems as exhausted as the decade it has chronicled so intensely.

[more]

I can't remember how long it's been since smoking on airplanes was allowed!  :eek2:

11MADMEN-master675-v2.jpg

John Slattery, left, and Jon Hamm in “Mad Men,” returning on Sunday for a new season on AMC.CreditFrank Ockenfels 3/AMC

/steve

#29 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,920 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:53 AM

Arm:  You can get up to speed by reading the synopsi (?) chronicled in IMDB.com.

#30 OFFLINE   trainman

trainman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,489 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:14 PM

I can't remember how long it's been since smoking on airplanes was allowed!  :eek2:

A little research shows that the first U.S. ban on smoking affected domestic flights less than two hours, and took effect in 1988. Then smoking was banned on all U.S. domestic flights in 1990, and international flights by U.S. airlines in 1996.

I definitely remember flying as a kid in the early '80s and having to walk through the smokers in the back rows of coach in order to get to the lavatory.
trainman is Jim Ellwanger

HR34-700 | Linksys WGA-600N | Samsung 46" LCD | Slimline-5 dish

#31 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,223 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:28 AM

I remember there being a sign with straight pins sticking out of the bottom - these would be stuck like a lawn sign onto the top of the headrest of the last "non-smoking" row and said something like "Smoking Section Beyond this Row"/

#32 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:33 AM

phrelin,

I just saw an interview with Jon Hamm on Fergusom's show and they showed a clip from last season.

It has been so long since that show has been on my list. Now I think I have lost continuity.

Are you up for a recap to help us get ready for the new season? I mean just to ready those of us for the story lines that are coming out of last season.
Like that 1-2 minutes they run at the beginning of new shows, but with your opinions to help get a bit deeper and to keep the story lines .

Problem is when I read my original post in this thread I said out loud "what?" It's been so long I forgot how the last season ended and need to wrap my mind around it all over again. And unfortunately my currently heavy real life demands haven't let me get ready yet. I'm really curious about when - what year, it's going to be when Dick/Don ceases to come back into our lives. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be surprised.

Edited by phrelin, 13 April 2014 - 12:41 AM.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#33 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,920 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:42 AM

Arm:  You can get up to speed by reading the synopsi (?) chronicled in IMDB.com.

Also pretty sure you can find the information on AMC's website. Or watch the marathon that precedes it. (just remembered, I think it was shown very early this a.m.)  Or record the new one, then watch the marathon,assuming it's repeated or is On Demand. Or watch the brief repeat at the opening of the new season and see if it refreshes enough of your memory. 

Enjoy, and

Good luck!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...