Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

I LOVE the BIG D's services. Why does it seem they are punishing me

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   booboo

booboo

• Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:24 PM

I recently posted about having to cancel the service we had due to a death. I was told by office of the president that the service needed to be canceled. I done just that; Thanks to help from a lot of you. I thought I could move on. We crunched the numbers and with the first year discount we decided to move ahead with a new contract. 4 phone calls today and in all 4 of them I had to keep mentioning the death of my mother. Then I'm told oh yea we see it here. Even the 4th call was to retention. Why I was transferred to them I have no idea. I'm starting to wonder is D service worth having to mentioning my mothers death. We are not asking for a lot of bells and whistles. Just the basic package they're offering to new customers. 1 Genie I don't care if its the 34 or 44 at this point. Any ideas on how I should proceed at this point? Should I email the office of the president again? Thanks in advance for advice. This website/app is the best on the web in my opinion.
  • bookernc likes this
B00BOO

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,126 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:41 PM

If you are required to return everything, yes you should be treated as a new customer. 

Stop wasting your time and contact the president office again.

DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#3 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,863 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:03 PM

I am guessing this is all the same address and that the last name is the same? This is an unusual situation and not surprised at the issue you are having as generally they have steps in place to avoid letting people simply switch to a spouses name etc to get new deals, which without exact knowledge your situation may look like at first glance.

Maybe the office if the president could help facilitate this for you as well.

#4 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:18 PM

Changing the address on the closed account should take care of the issue.

My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

#5 OFFLINE   booboo

booboo

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:39 PM

Ya'll are exactly correct. It's an odd situation because of the address and phone numbers. See my moms old phone number was recycled and just moved to another family member on our AT&T family account. So it's throwing the garden variety CSR for a loop. I'm gonna shoot the office of the president a email explaining what's going on. Not demanding anything or being a jerk. I'm just gonna ask nicely and see what that gets me. I JUST WANT MY DTV BACK :-( lol I also want to stop having to say hey this is due to my mom passing away. Last CSR thought I was weird because I got emotional. What's the best email to use to contact the presidents office?
B00BOO

#6 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:22 PM

If I was having this much trouble at a very emotional time I wouldn't waste the effort on "educating" the folks causing the problem.  I'd just find another provider and take their new customer deals.  Don't worry, DirecTV won't forget about you-the pestering to come back would probably start in just a few weeks.

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#7 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:30 PM

If I was having this much trouble at a very emotional time I wouldn't waste the effort on "educating" the folks causing the problem.  I'd just find another provider and take their new customer deals.  Don't worry, DirecTV won't forget about you-the pestering to come back would probably start in just a few weeks.

When the account is cancelled under this reason, all communication for returning customer offers is also cancelled.

My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

#8 OFFLINE   kaminar

kaminar

Mentor

• Registered
  • 205 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:32 AM

The typical sales person cannot override internal systems..as mentioned above, using the same last name and/or telephone and/or address will alert the system. Usually, it means someone is trying to circumvent the rules. For you, this is not the case..using a different last name and telephone number is the best way to proceed with no issues. Always a good idea to order online at http://directv.com.

To contact the Office of the President directly (Senior VP Customer Care--Ellen Filipiak), click the link below:

http://www.directv.c...ssetId=P4960016

Good luck!

-=K=-

#9 OFFLINE   omartinjordan

omartinjordan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:53 AM

Should be simple.  Call and tell them the situation again and when they put you throught the wringer just tell them what you are looking for and if they would like to continue getting payments from you they will accept it or switch to a different provider.  I get sick of all the calling.  Do they want something or nothing?

#10 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:46 PM

When the account is cancelled under this reason, all communication for returning customer offers is also cancelled.

Good.  Then the poor fellow who lost a loved one will be done with DirecTV once and for all and they won't pester him.

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#11 OFFLINE   booboo

booboo

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:43 PM

First I want to say how pleasantly amazed I was with the kind words and help I received from everyone on my threads about my ordeal. I'm pleased that there are still good people in the world. I can say that I've finally got this situation completely resolved. The final email and return call from the office of the president resolved everything. We will be receiving a Genie and 2 clients. I guess that's what they are called. Me and my fiancé call them Genie minis. We are getting the new customer package. 3 months free premium, sunday ticket max and the discounts. There were a couple remarks that caught me off guard but they were not rude at all. The reason I went through this is simple. In my opinion there is no better service than DTV. I have been looking forward to recording 5 shows at once and the 1TB of storage well wow! Again Thanks to EVERYONE that helped! I look forward to many more conversations!
B00BOO

#12 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• Registered
  • 12,971 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:07 PM

Nice of you to post that. 

Hope you enjoy for many years. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#13 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,863 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:09 AM

Excellent to hear it all got worked out at a time when working things like this out are not what one likely wants to be doing.

And yeah, this board usually is a pretty good place to get some help around here..  ;)  You are very welcome...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...