- Expands in-room entertainment with up to 96 channels in high-definition (HD)
- One low-profile unit supports HD and SD channels in every room
- Operator friendly features: lowered power consumption, remote management toolset, reduced rack-space footprint
DISH's new SMARTbox technology for hospitality operations expands available HD channels up to 96, an improvement over the industry standard of 12-24 HD channels. (Photo: Business Wire)
Most hotel solutions use modified residential receivers - since hotel owners face different challenges than residential customers, SMARTbox was designed as an enterprise-grade solution with the following features:
- Scales to provide 36-96 channel lineup in HD and SD, an improvement over the industry standard of 12-24 HD channels,
- One unit will have flexibility to provide HD and SD channels simultaneously, making it efficient and cost effective to serve all TVs in any size hotel,
- Reduced size will replace the three sizable racks measuring seven-feet tall with a single SMARTbox unit built to standard rack-width spacing and stands only nine inches high,
- Remote monitoring and management capabilities enable easier deployment and maximize uptime,
- Low total cost of ownership with up to 90 percent reduction in power consumption and up to 93 percent reduction in rack space compared to similar solutions.
"As hotels face increasing costs to transition to HD, SMARTbox will deliver digital HD capabilities and analog SD from a single unit, making it ideal for hotels transitioning to new TVs," said Alistair Chatwin, director of Product Management at DISH. "This enterprise-grade solution also benefits management by providing greater reliability, configurability and increased uptime while reducing the total cost of ownership."
For more information about SMARTbox, visit http://commercial.dish.com.