Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

SonyUSB Music Shuffle?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   billym

billym

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:21 AM

I have a Sony STRDH720.  It plays USB Music in sequnce.  Is there any way to play music on the USB in random/shuffle sequence?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,089 posts
  • LocationA Galaxy Far, Far Away.....

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:47 AM

Page 44 of your owners manual. This should be for an ipod/iphone or usb connected device:

To select the playback mode

You can change the playback mode using the TOOLS/OPTIONS on the remote control. • Repeat: Off / One / All • Shuffle: Off / Songs / Albums • Audiobooks: Slower / Normal / Faster

#3 OFFLINE   billym

billym

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:10 AM

Thank you for your reply.  I did read this in the manual, but it does not work for me.  TOOLS/OPTIONS only give one option:: REPEAT: with choices for Off. One, All or Folder. There is no option for Shuffle.  The USB thumb drive I am using has a number of individual albums of MP3 music in separate folders, as well as some individual MP3 songs.

#4 OFFLINE   WestDC

WestDC

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:01 AM

Thank you for your reply.  I did read this in the manual, but it does not work for me.  TOOLS/OPTIONS only give one option:: REPEAT: with choices for Off. One, All or Folder. There is no option for Shuffle.  The USB thumb drive I am using has a number of individual albums of MP3 music in separate folders, as well as some individual MP3 songs.

I suggest you try this on another Usb stick - Do not put songs in a folder -Cherry pick the songs one at a time and if the usb stick put then  in one folder

You may be able to play them the way you wish.

"Let's Have Some Fun!"

#5 OFFLINE   billym

billym

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:00 AM

Thanks WestDC.  I tried that with no different result.. I put about 50 songs individually on the USB stick, and it still would only play them in the sequence loaded on the stick.  The only TOOLs/OPTIONS  choice is still just REPEAT.  No option for shuffle.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...