Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

DIRECTV HD Channel Anticipation (Official Q3-13 Thread)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
792 replies to this topic

#701 OFFLINE   gag8828

gag8828

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts
  • Locationlong Island

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

Don't understand with all these Spanish speaking channels directv is adding in HD can someone please tell
Me why goltv which was in HD already can't just be switch on. They have the best soccer next to Spain which is Germany and on top of all that the station is in English. Why fox deportees. They loss everything. Can someone please tell me

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app
Gag8828

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#702 OFFLINE   JohnBoy

JohnBoy

• Registered
  • 253 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

Don't understand with all these Spanish speaking channels directv is adding in HD can someone please tell
Me why goltv which was in HD already can't just be switch on. They have the best soccer next to Spain which is Germany and on top of all that the station is in English. Why fox deportees. They loss everything. Can someone please tell me

Gag8828

I agree,I posted earlier that all Directv needed was to make a call to the maintenance man to flip the switch for GOLTV HD.

We need...

Telemundo HD Ch# 406
GOLTV HD
Fox Deportes
Aljeezera America HD
Encore Drama HD
Fox Movie Channel HD
TV One HD

and...

Fox and FXX On Demand...
Mas Ultra Package + NFL ST MAX (Go Bills) MLB Xtra innings (Go Yankees)
1  Genie HR 44 - 700
3   Mini Genie C41 - 100
1 AM21 OTA Tuner

#703 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,850 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

Once Style and Sprout go HD, I'll move up to the next package that includes those channels. I think that's a $7 a month jump where I'm at now. On well DirecTV's loss. GSN, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, Reelz, Style, Sprout, bbc world news HD, ovation HD, FXM, Sundance all would be great adds.

Edited by cypherx, 03 September 2013 - 08:22 PM.

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#704 OFFLINE   daniloni

daniloni

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:26 PM

I don't understand the technical aspects.  Obviously, GolTV HD was carried by DirecTV in the past, so it shouldn't be much of a challenge.  Might take more than a janitor "flipping the switch."  GolTV HD has great weekend coverage.  It doesn't have anything midweek, save the odd qualifier or friendly.  Fox pretty much has nothing on the weekends.  It has the odd Mexican League match (Leon home games or something?)  Midweek, it has Copa Sudamericana, but it has decided to show Champions League repeats (which are available on other channels and in HD on those other channels) rather than a number of live Copa Sudamericana matches.  It also has Copa Libertadores, but that doesn't start until next year.  Put what GolTV has on weekends and Fox Deportes has midweek together (I'm talking South American -- obviously Champions League is a different ballpark but it's available on other Fox channels), and you'd have quite a channel.  If I had to choose, GolTV HD is way more important than Fox Deportes HD, at least until Copa Libertadores starts up, but I'll take both.

#705 OFFLINE   gag8828

gag8828

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts
  • Locationlong Island

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:03 AM

I agree, the German Bundesliga is getting better every year and when you have the 2 teams that were in the champions league finals from the same league you should be able to watch in HD. What is the Copa Libertadores

#706 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,132 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:15 AM

DirecTV can be very strange. So, I would figure if there were to be ten more high def added before D14 in 2014 (which I don't believe will happen), my speculation would be:

240 Home Shopping Network HD

258 FX Movie Channel HD

260 We TV HD

294 The Hub HD

339 Fuse HD

350 C-Span HD

540 Encore Drama HD

557 Sundance Channel HD

599 Hustler TV HD

624 Fox Deportes HD

I'm now questioning if there is bad blood between DirecTV and Comcast. Not since E! Entertainment Television HD was added in April 2012 has any Comcast/NBCUniversal programming brand been added in high definition to the lineup of DirecTV. That is strange. Style Network HD, at a minimum, should have come in a long time ago. And so that list deliberately avoids all brands of Comcast/NBCUniversal. (It also avoids GSN HD, partially owned by DirecTV.)

Who owns  QVC?

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#707 OFFLINE   richard1428

richard1428

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:30 AM

What is the Copa Libertadores

Is the champions League of south america. Which is probably the second or third best international club competition.

Edited by richard1428, 04 September 2013 - 10:31 AM.

#708 OFFLINE   fleckrj

fleckrj

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationCary, NC

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

Who owns  QVC?

Liberty Media

#709 OFFLINE   fleckrj

fleckrj

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationCary, NC

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

Gag8828

I am sure it has to do with contracts and price. DirecTV had GOLTV HD and dropped it.  Usually when that happens, it is because DirecTV does not want to pay what the owner is asking.  This one is very unusual, though, in that DirecTV still has the SD version.

#710 OFFLINE   mrsdrgn

mrsdrgn

Mentor

• Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:19 PM

DIRECTV PLEASE ADD GOLTV HD BACK!!!!

#711 OFFLINE   Soccernut

Soccernut

AllStar

• Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

I agree, the German Bundesliga is getting better every year and when you have the 2 teams that were in the champions league finals from the same league you should be able to watch in HD. What is the Copa Libertadores

Check here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copa_Libertadores

The champion qualifies for this competition:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_Club_World_Championship

#712 OFFLINE   daniloni

daniloni

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:30 AM

GolTV got the rights to broadcast the Tuesday, September 10 crucial world cup qualifier between Ukraine and England.  Fox (who owns the rights to England national team home games as well as FA Cup), NBC (Premier League), and BeIN (England Football League, League Cup) are apparently asleep as far as a la carte rights to games.  (Unless GolTV has some pre-existing rights deal to show Ukraine national team home games -- doubt it.)  It's also showing Ireland-Sweden live this Friday (also crucial).  In addition to the England game on Tuesday, it is also showing Kazakhstan-Sweden live on Tuesday and Austria-Ireland and Faroe Islands-Germany on same-day delay.  England and Ireland have fairly large followings in the USA and it's crazy that these games, which are crucial to deciding whether England or Ireland will compete in Brazil 2014 (which will be on ABC/ESPN in English) will only be available to people with a Spanish base package or En Espan~ol add-on, and only in SD at that.  DTV (and other carriers to be fair) must have thought GolTV was dead in the water after BeIN got the La Liga rights, but GolTV has really come on strong.  I know it's a "niche" channel, but every channel not currently in HD is niche.  That's very strong programming available to a very limited amount of people and in SD only.  I hope the English and Irish fans raise hell.

#713 OFFLINE   I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE

CowboySooner

• Registered
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationNorthern plains

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:39 AM

DirecTv, Please remove all soccer channels and replace them with something I like.

Thank-you, Me

• PrinceLH, sigma1914, Tom Servo and 3 others like this
Perhaps I Misremembered.

#714 OFFLINE   Robin112

Robin112

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:29 PM

DirecTv, Please remove all soccer channels and replace them with something I like.
Thank-you, Me

Remove!!?? Why do that when soccer is the number one sport in the WORLD bot just in usa like football only this country plays it thats why everybody wonders whats football and you dont use tour feet

#715 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,583 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

Let's assume he was being amusing. 

Oddly enough this comes at a time when Jason Sedakis of SNL fame is doing a series to pump up some interest in European football. 

The American version, North, that is, feet are employed to kick the ball on occasion, as well as propel one about the playing field. The early versions of the game had a lot more kicking than we do now, a bit closer to rugger than footie, though. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#716 OFFLINE   sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork

Icon

• Registered
  • 893 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

Thank-you, Me

Thanks for adding some humor to the day! 

#717 OFFLINE   Robin112

Robin112

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:07 AM

Isnt there a Q4 on this year. Meaning there can be mire hd channels before 2014

#718 OFFLINE   sshires1

sshires1

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts
  • Locationaz

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:27 AM

I sure hope so

Sent from my ADR6400L using DBSTalk mobile app

#719 OFFLINE   Snickering Hound

Snickering Hound

Mentor

• Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:26 AM

Thank-you, Me

As Ted Lasso said, "Ties and no Playoffs?! Why the hell do you even do this?"

#720 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,995 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:18 PM

For anyone complaining about all the PPV and infomercial channels we have, take a look at the latest SixtoReport or browse the guide to see all the PPV channels that don't have movies on until 6am tommorow as well as the infomercial channels that are off air until 9pm

Protected By... spam firewall...And...