Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Indianapolis channels to return soon on Dish Network

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Athlon646464

Athlon646464

Hall Of Fame

• News Hound
  • 2,480 posts
  • LocationUxbridge, MA

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:16 AM

Indianapolis channels to return soon on Dish Network

After three weeks without Indianapolis-based network affiliate TV programming, Lafayette-area Dish Network subscribers may soon be able to tune to Indianapolis stations instead of South Bend stations, according to a variety of sources.

The Dish Network switched its “local” channel lineup June 5, dropping the Indianapolis affiliates of NBC, ABC and Fox and replacing them with South Bend affiliates.

The change came as a shock to many subscribers, who said they were not warned before it occurred or given an explanation.

But several customers in recent days have told the Journal & Courier that the satellite TV provider informed them the Indianapolis stations will be restored this week, possibly by Thursday.

wishtv-sign-17618843_76192_ver1.0_320_24

1 HR34-700, 1 C31-700, 1 HR24-500
Original install on April 20, 2008 - HR34 & C31 installed on August 24, 2013 - HR24 installed on July 23, 2010

Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,305 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:24 PM

Happy Wednesday, Lafayette:

6690 WRTV (6 Local) INDIANAPOLIS, IN (ABC) SV* added to 110° 18s13 (SD Lafayette, IN market Hidden) AVAILABLE
6692 WTHR (13 Local) INDIANAPOLIS, IN (NBC) SV* added to 110° 18s13 (SD Lafayette, IN market Hidden) AVAILABLE
6693 WXIN (59 Local) INDIANAPOLIS, IN (FOX) SV* added to 110° 18s13 (SD Lafayette, IN market Hidden) AVAILABLE
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:53 AM

Just makes you wonder what this was all about? Still say Lafayette would be better off with at least abc out of South Bend so they can watch the Indy 500. :grin:

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#4 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,305 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

The stations are "significantly viewed" in the Lafayette market. Perhaps one or more wanted compensation for carriage and DISH decided to bring in distants that they do not need to negotiate a price to carry.

Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#5 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

The stations are "significantly viewed" in the Lafayette market. Perhaps one or more wanted compensation for carriage and DISH decided to bring in distants that they do not need to negotiate a price to carry.

I suppose having all their stations but one be of the "SV" variety does give Dish some flexibility there. If I remember correctly when they were in dispute with Indy channel 13 (NBC) they just imported in the Fort Wayne NBC affiliate into the Lafayette DMA. If only they could've done the same with the actual Indy DMA it would've saved me from having to listen to some unhappy subscribers!

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#6 OFFLINE   Link

Link

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

I don't understand how Lafayette is its own DMA with two counties and one CBS station.  The neighboring counties in Indiana are considered part of the Indianapolis market and one to the north chooses Champaign, IL I think over Lafayette.  I don't see how one station DMAs still even exist.

spam firewall