Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

GenieGO Remote Streaming

DIRECTV GenieGO Nomad HDDVR Genie streaming slingbox

• Please log in to reply
359 replies to this topic

#341 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,265 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:05 AM

actually an Airport Express can be used as a wireless router as well. What this comes down to is to make sure to have one DHCP server active in your network

http://www.apple.com...-express/specs/

Yeah, but I was saying how the OP was using it. And it is not a wireless modem in any case.

- Merg

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#342 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,484 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:31 AM

Ok, so I went with plan B. I moved the Xfinity (comcast) wireless router behind the Airport Extreme and all is good.

and is your Comcast security modem working as well

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#343 OFFLINE   woj027

woj027

Icon

• Registered
  • 839 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:57 AM

The cops haven shown up yet

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

#344 OFFLINE   keebler21

keebler21

Mentor

• Registered
  • 88 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:02 AM

Any word on if iOS 7 has killed the out of home access?  The Genie App still works but my Out of Home Access has quit working and my home networking setup hasn't changed since I've originally set it up.  The only difference is installing iOS7 so just wondering if anyone else is on iOS7 and having issues using out of home access and checking or testing network connection always says "failed".  Oh, I also had to re-activate my phone to the Genie Go after I did the update but that wasn't a big deal.

#345 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,621 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:36 AM

Any word on if iOS 7 has killed the out of home access?  The Genie App still works but my Out of Home Access has quit working and my home networking setup hasn't changed since I've originally set it up.  The only difference is installing iOS7 so just wondering if anyone else is on iOS7 and having issues using out of home access and checking or testing network connection always says "failed".  Oh, I also had to re-activate my phone to the Genie Go after I did the update but that wasn't a big deal.

Make sure you're running the latest version of the GG app under iOS 7. I'm currently running 3.0.037. I was streaming OOH on my iOS 7 iPhone4 about an hour ago, while waiting for an oil change. :)

/steve

#346 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,484 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:45 AM

OOH streaming on the GG app 3.0.037 is working under iOS7 for me as well.

#347 OFFLINE   keebler21

keebler21

Mentor

• Registered
  • 88 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:54 AM

Thanks Guys - yes, I'm running 3.0.037 version of GG.  I'll have to figure out why it quit working then when I get home.  Like I said nothing has changed at home and when I check my network connection it says "Test Failed. Please try again" - So I was thinking maybe it was iOS7. 

#348 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,484 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:58 AM

I'd try reinstalling the GG app and resetting my Genie by pushing and holding the red button for 30 seconds.

#349 OFFLINE   keebler21

keebler21

Mentor

• Registered
  • 88 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:14 PM

I'd try reinstalling the GG app and resetting my Genie by pushing and holding the red button for 30 seconds.

I'll do that!  Thanks for the tip.

#350 OFFLINE   keebler21

keebler21

Mentor

• Registered
  • 88 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

So I've been going through the same thing the last 3 - 4 days or so... I use the PC Genie Go app to setup my Out of Home access.  Once I do that everything goes great and my Out of Home access is setup and working from PC & Wireless devices.  The NEXT day I try to access Out of Home access from all the same devices only to get a message that Out of Home Access is not setup.  I re-do the processs to re-set everything back up and you get the picture... I originally set everything up when Out of Home access first came out months ago and was working fine for months, then been having problems the last week or so. My router - etc., hasn't changed since I originally setup the out of home access and my genie go is setup with static ip.  Only thing I can think of as the issue is I auto reboot my router every day at like 4am, but that has been setup well before I ever used out of home acces.  Any thoughts?

#351 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,630 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

This in a recent e-mail from DIRECTV

If you access GenieGO™ through an iPhone or iPad, please be sure to update your GenieGO™ App before upgrading to iOS 7. This will ensure no interruption to your service. You can update your App anytime through the iTunes App Store.

If you have already upgraded to iOS 7, you will need to update the current GenieGO™ App on your mobile device and then re-register the device as new. Unfortunately, previously downloaded content will need to be re-downloaded. 

We apologize for this inconvenience. 

Sincerely, 

DIRECTV

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#352 OFFLINE   keebler21

keebler21

Mentor

• Registered
  • 88 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:26 PM

This in a recent e-mail from DIRECTV

If you access GenieGO™ through an iPhone or iPad, please be sure to update your GenieGO™ App before upgrading to iOS 7. This will ensure no interruption to your service. You can update your App anytime through the iTunes App Store.

If you have already upgraded to iOS 7, you will need to update the current GenieGO™ App on your mobile device and then re-register the device as new. Unfortunately, previously downloaded content will need to be re-downloaded. 

We apologize for this inconvenience. 

Sincerely, 

DIRECTV

Yes - I've even deleted the GenieGo app and re-downloaded it...

#353 OFFLINE   woj027

woj027

Icon

• Registered
  • 839 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:50 PM

ok so I've read through several GenieGo threads can't find what I'm asking, or can't search to find what I'm asking.

My iPad is a work issued one so it secures quite often, especially when 1-2 min elapses.

It seems that my downloads to the GenieGo stop or freeze when my iPad locks it self.

It also seems that uploads from GenieGo to my iPad stop or freeze when my iPad locks itself.

I cannot prevent the iPad from locking automatically.  

Any suggestions how to make downloads and uploads become un-interuppted?

#354 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,630 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

Other than getting around the lock ups, no. The GenieGo should not require the app to be open when it's transcoding, so I am not sure what the Upload and Download means. It's one or the other (depending on which device is receiving or delivering) to get shows onto the iPad. There really isn't any uploading from the iPad to the GenieGo. 

#355 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,636 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:14 AM

The current iPad version (with IOS7) tends to load a second or third one after screen lock.  Does it lock when you're watching a stream or a program?  If not, just select a few downloads and start playing a program while the others complete downloading.

Edit:  Something is wrong in posting . . . Lax, you should be able to delete your own posts.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#356 OFFLINE   woj027

woj027

Icon

• Registered
  • 839 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

I'll take a closer look at it later this weekend.  I'm loading up the ipad(s) and mac book air for the upcoming Hawaii trip.

#357 OFFLINE   bill596

bill596

Mentor

• Registered
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

Does the GenieGo stream over a wired connection yet? I'm having problems with the old Directb2PC program and want to replace it but use a wired connection to my desktop. WIFI is OK for my laptop but I have no WIFI on my desktop machine.

#358 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,630 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:24 PM

Yes, it'll work over ethernet to your desktop.

#359 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,763 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

Are they any closer to allowing streaming over 4G?

#360 OFFLINE   bill596

bill596

Mentor

• Registered
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

Thanks Laxguy. I'll order the GenieGo from Solid Signal today.

Bill596

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DIRECTV, GenieGO, Nomad, HDDVR, Genie, streaming, slingbox

Protected By... spam firewall...And...