Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

GenieGO Remote Streaming

DIRECTV GenieGO Nomad HDDVR Genie streaming slingbox

• Please log in to reply
359 replies to this topic

#141 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,576 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

I always like to add extra time to the resets because if you say 30, they will think 15 will do it... :righton:

I'm sure the programmers erred on the side of caution and the true reset times are a second or two less than the stated times in the user manual. E.g., I know a quick push and release of the button is as good as the 3-seconds stated in the guide.

/steve

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#142 OFFLINE   lucky13

lucky13

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationMaryland, DC suburbs

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

When I played downloaded recordings on the Nomad, if I recall correctly, I had full use of PC trickplay.
Streaming video on GenieGO, I'm limited to skip forward/backward. The first skip responds immediately; subsequent consecutive skips take 5-10 seconds to respond. Straight FF/Rew is grayed out and non-responsive.
When streaming a program currently recordong, all trickplay is grayed out.

#143 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,493 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:24 AM

I've had a Nomad for at least two years now.  Always worked well on my network.  I cannot, for the life of me, get the out of home access to work now that it is GenieGo.  I have a Lynksys E4200 router conntected to a Cisco DDR2200 Residential Gateway being used only as a modem supplied by Centurylink.  Have tried just about everything which leads me to believe it is probably something simple.  Any help would be appreciated.  

I'd venture a guess that you need to also do port forwarding on the Cisco, or better yet, get it in 'Bridge' (transparent) mode or put your router in a DMZ of the Cisco, if that's possible.

Edit:  I googled Cisco DDR2200 port forwarding and got lots of hits . .  try this one  http://qwest.century...forwarding.html

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#144 OFFLINE   RD in Fla

RD in Fla

Icon

• Registered
  • 520 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:01 AM

Thanks dennis.  Stupid question.  Does it matter that my GenieGo is still showing up as "Nomad" in the client list in my router?  The Directv instructions direct you to list it as GenieGo, however, I don't see such a device listed in my router. 

#145 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,493 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:59 AM

No, the port naming is just for your info.  In the Cisco, you'll probably need to forward 8082/8083 to your WAN address of your Linksys.

Is it possible you don't need the Linksys?   What is its WAN IP?

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#146 OFFLINE   RD in Fla

RD in Fla

Icon

• Registered
  • 520 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:40 PM

Need the Lynksys as I had trouble using the Cisco as a router. Centurylink disabled it as a router for me. WAN IP is 192.168.0.1

#147 ONLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:25 PM

Need the Lynksys as I had trouble using the Cisco as a router. Centurylink disabled it as a router for me. WAN IP is 192.168.0.1

Of course I've always had some trouble understanding how integrated routers like on the Cisco are supposedly disabled or placed in "bridge" mode, yet still actually routes between its own gateway IP of 192.168.0.1 and your public IP address assigned from Centurylink.

Can't ISPs, particularly DSL ones, just give modems to customers on request anymore for those who what to use their own routers? Do they always have to be the router/modem integrated types which cause problems many times trying to get them to truly bridge transparently?       

Edited by HoTat2, 02 July 2013 - 02:03 PM.

DIRECTV sub. since Sep. of '95

#148 OFFLINE   Rtm

Rtm

Godfather

• Registered
  • 392 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:58 PM

UHM can we please stream on Cellular???? Netflix allow it.

#149 OFFLINE   RD in Fla

RD in Fla

Icon

• Registered
  • 520 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

Still no love. Tried everything I know and found on the web to get out of home access with this set up. No dice

#150 OFFLINE   davemayo

davemayo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:01 PM

Try the 60 second Red button reboot on the geniego (resets to factory defaults).  It fixed all of my missing playlist issues.

Worked. Thanks.
Go Hoos!

#151 OFFLINE   ebandman

ebandman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:42 PM

I have a microwave LAN provider, Winters Broadband and a Linksys WRT54G Router.  My public IP address is obviously different that the IP address assigned by the LAN transponder on my house.  Can I get the GenieGo out of home access to work?  Works fine in the house now.  I called DTV genie guys today and they said to wait 24 hours for an upgrade but reading this forum I suspect thats not the problem.  The instructions on the DTV website for setting up the Linksys WRT54G are useless.  Anyone here have any advice?  Will call my LAN provider tomorrow for advice and see if they can solve it.

#152 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,213 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:18 AM

What device(s) are you using? What version of software? 

(I am a bit West of Winters.)

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#153 ONLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,041 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:32 AM

What device(s) are you using? What version of software? 

(I am a bit West of Winters.)

One of these of the WDC24xx gateway models I'd assume;

http://www.winters-b...om/products.htm

Though not sure of the current firmware version it might be running.

#154 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,213 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:00 AM

I was inquiring about devices used to watch, ie iPad, Mac, PC, iPhone, tablet, and version of software for them.  

My familiarity with modems is limited to the ATT stock modem (U-verse, though very slow) I have in Winters, and various Netgear routers I've had with Comcast over the years.

#155 ONLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,041 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:55 AM

I was inquiring about devices used to watch, ie iPad, Mac, PC, iPhone, tablet, and version of software for them.  

My familiarity with modems is limited to the ATT stock modem (U-verse, though very slow) I have in Winters, and various Netgear routers I've had with Comcast over the years.

Oh ....  :blush: 

The pitfalls of written communication when you don't carefully read as in use of the possible plural term "device(s)" ... 208.gif

#156 OFFLINE   gio12

gio12

Icon

• Registered
  • 836 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:04 PM

UHM can we please stream on Cellular???? Netflix allow it.

I can stream over cellular ;-)

#157 OFFLINE   pajer

pajer

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:24 PM

Anyone having any prob adding the iphone in the geniego iphone app? when i go to add iphone it says cannot add device.i call directv geniego support and thet are pretty useless. Getting very frustrated. Pajer

#158 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,213 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:48 PM

Anyone having any prob adding the iphone in the geniego iphone app? when i go to add iphone it says cannot add device.i call directv geniego support and thet are pretty useless. Getting very frustrated. Pajer

What version is this? Have you had it on before? What version of iPhone and iOS v.?

#159 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,576 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:48 PM

I can stream over cellular ;-)

With this release of the GenieGo client?
/steve

#160 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,213 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:49 PM

Oh ....  :blush: 

The pitfalls of written communication when you don't carefully read as in use of the possible plural term "device(s)" ... 208.gif

No, not really an error on your part- I coulda been more specific. Besides, I'm limited in modem/router matters.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DIRECTV, GenieGO, Nomad, HDDVR, Genie, streaming, slingbox

Protected By... spam firewall...And...