Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Crossing Lines

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,218 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:13 PM

Like the idea. But I suspect any criminal that cross European borders wouldn't stop at Europe. 

DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,645 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

From Ed Bernero, who has had inexplicable success with the ever-more-horrible-and-unwatchable-each-season Criminal Minds. It's that show, gone international, but the crimes are thankfully less distasteful, at least so far (Ed could learn a thing or two from Bryan Fuller and how he cleverly brought the lowest urges of humanity to the screen with black humor and great interest in Hannibal).

This is not a spoiler [stop reading if you think it might be] since it is mentioned in the pilot episode description, but the team member leaving the group at the end was the most promising character of the bunch (and that isn't saying much). It is also not a spoiler because they telegraph it like its coming down the middle of Broadway. This is a worn and tattered old chestnut that was used in the pilot of CSI: Crime Scene Investigators well over a decade ago, and it was probably completely derivative then. Plus, the execution of that event here was completely a plot-manipulated drive by. Pretty hacky.

The inclusion of Donald Sutherland earns it one more chance from me.

It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

#3 OFFLINE   gilviv

gilviv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 359 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:39 AM

It was OK, the international accents make it tough to follow dialog sometimes, but CC helps there :grin: One funny thing my wife picked up on was at the very beginning, the NY cop is struggling with his Right hand injury(while assembling gun) then he is shown with the Left hand Gloved as if it is the injured hand(picking up trash scene) then back to the Right as the "bad" hand throughout the rest of the show........OOPS! :bang

DirecTV since July 2006, WholeHome & HDDVR Service
Slimline5 SWM-LNB Dish to:
3x HR24/100s #1 w/AM21N via HDMI to LG 42LH90/240hz Full LED, #2 w/AM21N & #3 both via HDMI to 2-LG 32LK330/60hz LCDs
1x HR23/700 via HDMI> Sharp 26" LCD

#4 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,497 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:50 PM

I liked it, but I'm a sucker for crime dramas.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#5 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,261 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:06 PM

As I do like William Fichtner and Donald Sutherland I decided to check it out. After two eps I'm not blown away but I'll probably keep watching unless it gets unbearable. I don't see a long life for this show anyway, it's hard to believe that such a Eurocentric show will play well.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#6 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,274 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

It was OK, the international accents make it tough to follow dialog sometimes, but CC helps there :grin: One funny thing my wife picked up on was at the very beginning, the NY cop is struggling with his Right hand injury(while assembling gun) then he is shown with the Left hand Gloved as if it is the injured hand(picking up trash scene) then back to the Right as the "bad" hand throughout the rest of the show........OOPS! :bang

Yeah, I picked up on that. I went back just to make sure I saw that right as I figured they wouldn't make that big of a mistake.

- Merg

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#7 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,664 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:23 PM

I watched all 3 hours so far. Not bad for summer fare, IMO.

/steve

#8 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,550 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:18 PM

I liked it as well.  The holograph machine is pretty cool.  It was sad that they killed of the pretty Brit.  I actually enjoyed her more than the other two women.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#9 OFFLINE   seern

seern

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

A worthy summer program while we wait for the regular scripted shows to return.

Sharon
HR24-100
HR34-700

All units in DECA cloud
H24-100 removed from service

#10 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,554 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

I continue to find this show well-done. Of the TV series Donald Sutherland has been in - and in this one he really is more of a supporting actor - "Crossing Lines" could have survived a few regular seasons in the CBS procedural lineup IMHO.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#11 OFFLINE   seern

seern

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

I am waiting for tonight's show to be recorded before watching last weeks, since it is part 1 of 2 and I like to try and watch multipart shows back to back. The one several weeks ago with the truckers using couples with children was chilling and very interesting to watch.

Sharon
HR24-100
HR34-700

All units in DECA cloud
H24-100 removed from service

#12 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,550 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:23 PM

Sharon,

This past one went by way too fast!  I couldn't believe it was already over when it was!

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

Protected By... spam firewall...And...