Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Almost Human

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,415 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:47 PM

That and the absolute worst product placement ads I think I've ever seen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Herdfan likes this

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:00 AM

I'm glad you mentioned her; she really knocked it out of the park. Where have I seen her? Maybe Boardwalk Empire. That girl can really act, and her personality makes her much more appealing than perma-smile, by a perma-mile. Her persona reminds me of Azura Skye.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure an evening with MK would be pretty great, but once you get the sex out of the way, who is there to talk to? With the other girl, every minute would be interesting. She's a diamond in the rough.

I always thought Luna Lovegood was the sexiest girl in Harry Potter cuz after you muggle her, she's still cool to hang out with.

#83 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,968 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:21 AM

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure an evening with MK would be pretty great,

Plus she dated Derek Jeter.  Given his history who knows what she might be carrying.  So yes she's hot, but I'll pass.

My Setup

Why can I get to the "Adult's Only" area faster than I can get to the "ToDo" List?  DirecTV, that is messed up!!!

#84 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,415 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:21 AM

Various sites are reporting that Almost Human has been cancelled.

#85 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,529 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:52 AM

Various sites are reporting that Almost Human has been cancelled.

Entertainment Weekly reported Almost Human has been cancelled by FOX.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#86 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7,726 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:05 PM

Futon Critic, my go site for television scheduling, have it being cancel.

logo.gif

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- FOX has opted to pull the plug on its freshman drama "Almost Human," Deadline.com reports.
The news comes despite the newcomer being the network's number two drama this season in adults 18-49, ahead of such renewed entries as "The Following," "Bones" and "Glee" in Live + Same Day numbers:

READ MORE

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#87 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:46 PM

Typical Fox and scifi stuff.  #2 drama in the right demographic and they still cancel it.  :(

Lloyd
Receiver : DirecTV Genie HR44-700, Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#88 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,315 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:51 PM

Typical Fox and scifi stuff.  #2 drama in the right demographic and they still cancel it.   :(

Fox is famous for it.  I about killed them when they cancelled Chicago Code and Alcatraz.  Both were very good especially Chicago Code and they were let go after 1 season.  I recorded the Almost Human episodes but eventually deleted them off.  I am glad I did too if the show is being cancelled.

Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#89 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:04 PM

Why delete them if the show is going to be cancelled?  It was still a good show and it didn't have an interweaved story line that would really irritate when you hit the last episode.

I enjoyed it while we had it and am sorry to see it go.  I'll add it to the every growing list of shows I liked that got cancelled after a season or less.

Lloyd
Receiver : DirecTV Genie HR44-700, Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#90 OFFLINE   longrider

longrider

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,026 posts
  • LocationElizabeth, CO

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:13 PM

As usual, I like it so it gets cancelled...  I have to wonder if the reason so many sci-fi type shows are short lived is the cost of production.  I know SyFy came right out and said that about Eureka, ratings were great but it cost too much to make. 

I also dont understand the "wait until it is a hit" thinking.  I have had many shows that I really enjoyed only make it a year or two.  Even a heavily serialized show (which this is not) can be written in way each season is self contained.  Helix is a good example of that, The Arctic Biosystems story line is finished and had it not been renewed all it would have is a couple tweaks to the Ilaria Corp story to wrap it up.

• tnd777 likes this

My Setup

#91 OFFLINE   Racer88

Racer88

Icon

• Registered
  • 800 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:25 PM

If you feel this is (yet another) bonehead move by those in charge of what's on your TV then please voice your support
https://www.change.o...ve-almost-human

#92 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,415 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:31 PM

Why delete them if the show is going to be cancelled?  It was still a good show and it didn't have an interweaved story line that would really irritate when you hit the last episode.

I enjoyed it while we had it and am sorry to see it go.  I'll add it to the every growing list of shows I liked that got cancelled after a season or less.

Good thing to, as it was aired out of order. It's happened with shows that it's more important for, still remember the mess CBS made of American Gothic.

#93 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,968 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:34 AM

My daughter was ticked off about this.  It was one of 2 "family" shows we all watched together.

I wonder if someone else will pick it up.

My Setup

Why can I get to the "Adult's Only" area faster than I can get to the "ToDo" List?  DirecTV, that is messed up!!!

#94 OFFLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,883 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:42 PM

Are there any episodes "in the can", or can I delete the link?

#95 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,415 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:44 PM

I deleted it. I believe it was a 13 episode order, and all have aired.

#96 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:03 PM

Good thing to, as it was aired out of order. It's happened with shows that it's more important for, still remember the mess CBS made of American Gothic.

There are many of us who believe that if Firefly would have aired in the correct order, that it would have survived longer. FOX made the choice not to, and it was confusing.

But there are a lot of things that go into a decision to support vs cut and run:

ratings

how it holds the audience from its leadin

how it holds its audience after

the 18-34 demo

social media

sponsor friendliness

production cost

whether the production house is owned by the same network

how well the producers get along with the network, and standards and practices

how many eps it is from being able to reach a sweet syndication deal

how much will it cost to retain the actors past the first contract

what is available to replace it

whether there is a slot where it would be competitive against certain other shows

critical acclaim

And I have probably missed a few, but they all enter in to the decision. And pretty much in that order. But if you look closely it all boils down to how much money it can make.

So it seems a little oversimplified to bash a network for making an informed decision, especially by people who are uninformed as to all of those factors listed here. Bottom line, we don't really know why a show gets cancelled or saved, and in their position most of us would make the same business decisions.

Remember, American Idol would have never aired at all had not Rupert Murdoch's daughter liked the British version.

It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

#97 OFFLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,883 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:42 PM

Good I need the room. I kind of saw it coming with the conflicting budget. They tried to look like the future, but just did not spend enough to pull it off.

I deleted it. I believe it was a 13 episode order, and all have aired.

#98 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:56 AM

Especially the cars. You really can't expect to bolt a couple of window brackets onto a 2013 Charger and expect that alone to evoke 2048.

Edited by TomCat, 12 May 2014 - 08:02 PM.

It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

#99 OFFLINE   Reaper

Reaper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 519 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 02:52 PM

Too bad that Almost Human was cancelled. Though it was weak in a lot of areas, I liked the two lead actors and thought, all in all, the show was good, airy fun.

#100 ONLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,176 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:55 PM

It had strengths to build upon.  But shows these days don't really get a chance to "find their legs".

spam firewall