Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Dish for RV

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rposgood

rposgood

• Registered
  • 3 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:31 AM

Hi all,

I am looking for the best solution to the following. We RV for a month or more and have grand kids visit during this time. I would like to be able to watch one satellite channel on one TV while the kids watch another channel on the other TV. We would also like to record shows and then play them back over either TV and still watch another channel on the other TV. The Tailgater system with the VIP221K receiver does not allow me to do any of this. 

My thinking is to get a 1000.4 antenna on a tripod and then get a VIP722 receiver. I know it is not as easy to setup the antenna but I see no other choice other than to buy a $900 Winegard system..... too much money.

Thoughts, alternatives, etc?

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:00 AM

Have you contacted a retailer for information about the best setup for you?  Here is a link you can use to contact them about information: http://www.dishformyrv.com/.  Thanks.

Hi all,

I am looking for the best solution to the following. We RV for a month or more and have grand kids visit during this time. I would like to be able to watch one satellite channel on one TV while the kids watch another channel on the other TV. We would also like to record shows and then play them back over either TV and still watch another channel on the other TV. The Tailgater system with the VIP221K receiver does not allow me to do any of this. 

My thinking is to get a 1000.4 antenna on a tripod and then get a VIP722 receiver. I know it is not as easy to setup the antenna but I see no other choice other than to buy a $900 Winegard system..... too much money.

Thoughts, alternatives, etc?

Thanks

Edited by Ray C@DISH Network, 27 June 2013 - 09:01 AM.

#3 OFFLINE   jamelar

jamelar

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

My thinking is to get a 1000.4 antenna on a tripod and then get a VIP722 receiver. I know it is not as easy to setup the antenna...

That is exactly how I do it. I have a VIP722K receiver and a spare satellite dish with a tripod and short pole. Get a compass and a simple satellite meter, follow instructions in the satellite dish setup manual. After about the third time you set up, it will go much quicker.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...