Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish vs Media General 6/30 deadline extended to 9/30... Now what?

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   Athlon646464

Athlon646464

Hall Of Fame

• News Hound
  • 2,480 posts
  • LocationUxbridge, MA

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:09 AM

Update: CBS to stream Alabama-Tennessee game as Media General-DISH Network dispute continues

Saturday’s Alabama-Tennessee matchup might not pack the wallop of rivalry games past, but there remains plenty of off-field drama for some fans.

Due to an unresolved contract dispute, DISH Network subscribers in eight markets – including WKRG in Mobile and WJHL in Tennessee’s Tri-Cities area that includes Kingsport, Johnson City, and Bristol – will not find the game among CBS’ regularly scheduled programming because the stations are currently unavailable.

For the second consecutive week, however, Media General has negotiated alternative broadcast options for affected CBS viewers in danger of missing Saturday’s 2:30 p.m. kickoff, pitting the unranked Volunteers against the No. 1-ranked Crimson Tide.

11894577-large.jpg
Alabama running back T.J. Yeldon dives for a second quarter
touchdown against Tennessee at Neyland Stadium in Knoxville,
Tenn., Saturday, Oct. 20, 2012. CBS will allow stations affected by a
DISH Network contract dispute to stream Saturday's meeting between
the two teams in Tuscaloosa. (Mark Almond/ malmond@al.com)

1 HR34-700, 1 C31-700, 1 HR24-500
Original install on April 20, 2008 - HR34 & C31 installed on August 24, 2013 - HR24 installed on July 23, 2010

Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:49 AM

The only news is the streams will be offered on the stations' websites. CBS has streamed SEC football throughout the season.

http://www.broadcast...tball_Games.php

#63 OFFLINE   festivus

festivus

Legend

• Registered
  • 190 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:48 AM

Bump!

So where does all of this now stand?  I haven't heard an update for weeks.  Again, it would nice and barely an issue (for me) if the guide still contained information for OTA...

Panasonic TCP50S1 50 inch plasma in great room, Dish VIP622, Pioneer Surround System

Sanyo PLV-Z5 Projector in basement, 106 inch gray screen, 2nd Dish VIP622. LG Surround System

db2 antennna in attic for both VIP622s

Time Warner Roadrunner

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. ~Carl Sagan

#64 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 296 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:48 AM

Bump!

So where does all of this now stand?  I haven't heard an update for weeks.  Again, it would nice and barely an issue (for me) if the guide still contained information for OTA...

Scott,

I understand you’re upset. I don’t have any additional information for about the status of our negotiations with Media General, who owns your local station. DISH will update www.dishvaluepledge.com with more information as it becomes available.

Thanks

#65 OFFLINE   scooper

scooper

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,719 posts
  • LocationYoungsville NC

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

Hey - check your EPG - I have my Media General station (WNCN NBC17) in Raleigh back.

However - the mapdown on my 311 receiver is not working yet - maybe a reboot / check dish will fix it

Edited by scooper, 16 November 2013 - 05:37 PM.

You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

#66 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,459 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:54 PM

I saw that... back in HD and EPG partially there... probably will not be fully back until after tonight's off-cycle...  I am seeing some news around the internet now too saying a deal was reached.

Funny how it has only been a few days since the merger of Media General and Young (I think it was Young) and now we have an agreement and channels back... just like Dish had been saying all along, that Media General was playing unnecessary hardball knowing the people in charge at Media General were not going to be in charge after the merger completed this week.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#67 OFFLINE   gor88

gor88

Icon

• Registered
  • 575 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:00 PM

I confirm that Media General station WJTV CBS in Jackson, MS is back on the air at 012-00.  Some program details in the guide are missing, but I have CBS back again.  Awesome! 

Now if Dish Network will add 12.2 CW in 720P to the locals.  They haven't dropped 34 yet, which flipped to Trinity last May.  My theory is that they have been holding that spot to use for CW.  Time will tell.

#68 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,332 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:00 PM

Funny how it has only been a few days since the merger of Media General and Young (I think it was Young) and now we have an agreement and channels back...

DISH has an agreement with Young ... they wanted Media General to extend their agreement until Young's agreement took effect but Media General wanted to play rough. With the merger complete the channels are now Young channels and can be carried under Young's agreement with DISH.

Until the next dispute ...
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#69 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,082 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:50 AM

Do we get any sub channels from this deal??

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#70 OFFLINE   inmyopinion

inmyopinion

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:55 PM

all channels are back guys :smoking:

dish and media generals reach an agreement already

#71 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,082 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:41 AM

Watch your local news personalities disappear. Ten years ago when Young Broadcasting fired  most of the newscasters lost their jobs. KRON lost NBC affiliation. Now KRON has lots of infomercials.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

spam firewall