Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

C41 picture quality

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,213 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:29 PM

The text formatting on the C41s is very different from the text on my HR44.  The PQ of video is the same, but all my menus look very different text-wise.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   texasbrit

texasbrit

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,107 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:37 PM

The text formatting on the C41s is very different from the text on my HR44.  The PQ of video is the same, but all my menus look very different text-wise.

I've noticed the same thing. The text/graphics are generated locally in the C41, so it's quite possible that they don't look as sharp as the HR44 equivalent.  The video itself should be the same though.

#23 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,234 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:45 PM

Now that's just strange! I'd love to know what causes this- yours is the third or so mention of that phenom, and I know you aren't looking at the SD version etc.

My C41 is on a much smaller screen, but maybe if I am looking for the diff. i will see it.... leaving.... BRB! tick, tick, tick, 

OK, back, but here I attribute the difference to the screen size, and darker room the C41 is in. 

Mystery continues. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#24 OFFLINE   texasbrit

texasbrit

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,107 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

I've seen a couple of other posts saying the font is clearly different on the client.

#25 OFFLINE   stvjohnsn

stvjohnsn

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:24 PM

Thank you.  And I agree...the video PQ is the same...but the text in the guide is not.  It seems to me that the text sharpens up whenever it overlays full screen video....mini guide or info bar...whatever you call it.

On my 106" screen projected from a C-41 the full screen guide has me reaching for my glasses...which i don't even own.  It wasnt that way on the HR21 that it replaced.

Edited by stvjohnsn, 05 July 2013 - 06:26 PM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...