Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

FXX - which channel package?

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   cjrleimer

cjrleimer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 481 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:27 PM

Or even after, it seems. Fox had a press release early on that said that FS1 was going to be on in 72 million homes at launch. Then the lack of deals came out.

Exactly. And I will stay with D no matter what through this. Sure they may not have FS1, but Fox Sports Live will be on the RSN's hopefully blackout free so I can watch Jay and Dan.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,111 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

Or even after, it seems. Fox had a press release early on that said that FS1 was going to be on in 72 million homes at launch. Then the lack of deals came out.

The claim for FS1 was 90 million homes ... FXX has the 74 million home claim. :)

It should be an interesting month to follow the deals ... what will be the line up by Labor Day?
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#23 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,773 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

What channel will it be on?

I thought someone posted on here that it was going to be on 249, while Comedy Channel moves to 250?

#24 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,669 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:57 PM

The claim for FS1 was 90 million homes ... FXX has the 74 million home claim. :)

It should be an interesting month to follow the deals ... what will be the line up by Labor Day?

Thanks. I can't keep all the fox spinning on these channels straight.

Guess we just wait.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#25 OFFLINE   MadManNBama

MadManNBama

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:00 PM

Hey guys, any update on what channel FXXHD will be?  Gotta see The League!

#26 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• Registered
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:17 PM

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#27 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,669 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:34 PM

I'm sure it will move as it is not going to be a sports channel.

259 is open and right next to fxm.

Edited by tonyd79, 15 August 2013 - 10:36 PM.

LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV

#28 OFFLINE   ejbvt

ejbvt

AllStar

• Registered
  • 447 posts
  • LocationCentral NC

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:32 PM

Doubtful. What a dumb place for it, if so. I would like to see a minor shuffle to get FX, FXM, and FXX together.

DIRECTV: Genie (HR34) w/AM21 and 1 client.
AT&T: U-Verse Internet, Motorola modem and Samsung Galaxy S3 cell.
LG 42" (1080p, 120 Hz, 3D, Smart TV), Samsung 32" (1080p, 60 Hz)
Denon AVR591, Panasonic Blu Ray, Magnavox DVD player, Philips VCR, Terk HDTVo.

#29 OFFLINE   tjguitar

tjguitar

Mentor

• Registered
  • 156 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

I would assume that they'll re-organize eventually. AT&T is:

Effective on or after September 2, Fox Soccer Channel (channel 654 and 1654) is being renamed FXX. Effective on or after September 22st, Longhorn Network (channel 609 and 1609 in HD) will be repackaged from U200 to U300 in all markets in Oklahoma. Effective on or after September 23, FX (channel 128) will move to channel 129, and FXX (channel 654 and 1654) will be moving to channel 128 and 1128 in HD.

#30 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,237 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

Doubtful. What a dumb place for it, if so. I would like to see a minor shuffle to get FX, FXM, and FXX together.

still has fox soccer stuff on it change over is next month

Edited by JoeTheDragon, 16 August 2013 - 09:27 PM.

I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#31 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• Registered
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:36 PM

I'm sure it will move as it is not going to be a sports channel.
259 is open and right next to fxm.

I would of never thought of that since its a movie type channel, and we no longer have Cinemoi, It's a very good spot, Directv are you reading this? at least when it becomes available.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#32 OFFLINE   cruzz563

cruzz563

• Registered
  • 1 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:06 PM

Reg'd just for this. They could use ch. 275 or 317. Both are now QVCHD, we only need one of those.

#33 OFFLINE   tulanejosh

tulanejosh

Godfather

• Registered
  • 425 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:15 PM

So i just tweeted @DirectvService asking them what the plans were for FXX, and if they were set to carry the channel at launch. This is the response I got back: 

No plans as of yet, Josh. If we make an agreement to carry the channel we'll certainly make an announcement.

So it would appear that FS1 deal did not include a deal for FXX AND that it does require a new deal and will not simply replace Fox Soccer...  This is a bummer, several of my favorite shows are moving to FXX.  :-/

#34 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,111 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:21 PM

Or the random DirecTV tweeter tonight didn't know ... Twitter and Facebook are not absolute sources! :)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#35 OFFLINE   tulanejosh

tulanejosh

Godfather

• Registered
  • 425 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:25 PM

Or the random DirecTV tweeter tonight didn't know ... Twitter and Facebook are not absolute sources! :)

I hear ya... that said - TWC and Dish Networks official twitter accounts are absolutely confirming that their customers will get access to FXX at launch.  Perhaps this is an issue of the FS1 deal being reached so last minute that they forgot to update their employees about FXX, but I find this to be unlikely considering that 2 other major competitors didn't forget to tell their employees. 

#36 OFFLINE   SChonson

SChonson

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:06 AM

So i just tweeted @DirectvService asking them what the plans were for FXX, and if they were set to carry the channel at launch. This is the response I got back: 

No plans as of yet, Josh. If we make an agreement to carry the channel we'll certainly make an announcement.

So it would appear that FS1 deal did not include a deal for FXX AND that it does require a new deal and will not simply replace Fox Soccer...  This is a bummer, several of my favorite shows are moving to FXX.  :-/

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#37 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,111 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:45 AM

I hear ya...

One of my favorites from last week (discussing FS 1):

"@DIRECTV_Matt1 thx for the resp, but I guess @directv hasnt cut deal w/ @FOXSports1 either & your install. (pain) & svc (FL storms) are ?s"
"@BUCKEYEGURU Actually we already have that channel in our lineup. FS1 is transitioning from Fox Soccer Channel. Install: Free. Svc: 99.7%."
source

I have already posted a link to a tweet of "FX Primetime" confirming carriage of FXX (on Aug 3rd).

"DirecTV, Dish Network, Verizon FiOS, and AT&T U-verse are all confirmed to offer FXX. Check local listings for your provider if not listed."
source

Personally, I believe it will be carried (based on the news reports for carrying FS 1 and FS 2). But you're right that DirecTV twitter seems to be denying that. We'll know for sure on September 2nd. :)

#38 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,889 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:44 AM

Sorry but I see this as stupid myself. There's zero reason for them to add and split what little fresh content they have now to two fx channels. Just wasted money from my pocket IMHO. A pure money grab. They just don't have the content to justify this move.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

#39 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,007 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:56 AM

Sorry but I see this as stupid myself. There's zero reason for them to add and split what little fresh content they have now to two fx channels. Just wasted money from my pocket IMHO. A pure money grab. They just don't have the content to justify this move.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

I agree.  The part that sucks the most is they are holding their best shows, "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" and "The League", hostage to force providers to carry FXX.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#40 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,669 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:33 AM

I agree.  The part that sucks the most is they are holding their best shows, "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" and "The League", hostage to force providers to carry FXX.

Standard practice, I am afraid.

Doesn't mean anything to me. I hardly ever watch FX now, but I understand it means something to a lot of people. Good luck.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...